Problems with OPI Axxium lamp!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spakitten

Reaction score
I am using the OPI AXXIUM UV curing lamp in my salon with their gel and soak-off gel systems and am having A LOT of trouble with it. If you are not familiar with the lamp itself, I have posted a link so you can see the design.

http://www.nailsupplyetc.com/sitebuilder/images/OPI_AxxiumLamp-327x211.jpg

I am finding that it is IMPOSSIBLE to cure all fingers at once, and I always have to do the thumbs seperately because they dont fit and hang out of the edge of the lamp. Also, I find the sides of the nails don't cure and I am always re-doing them (is this because the sides to the lamp are open?) There is also no foil or reflective surfaces inside the lamp, would this hinder the curing process?

I've used LCN and Bio brand lamps before with no issues... The lamp was very expressive and OPI is a reputable brand so I didnt expect any problems... Am I doing something wrong here, or is it the lamp?

Thanks for any help or advice guys! :hug:

Might be a good idea to give the girls at Lena White a ring and find out where you're going wrong. :hug:

Hi spakitten,I am new to this site, and ran across your little problem with the opi axiumm gel lamp- and wanted to let you know that when I was in school, we used that very same lamp and we constantly had issues with them- this was when using the opi products! I purchased a cnd lamp and have had no problems since- one of the major problems was with the gels not curing-very fustrating for sure! I hope you can figure this out soon.......

With this lamp, the thumbs are to be done seperately. This is why the tray is raised up, so you can fit their four fingers underneath. Also, if you remove the tray, you can use the lamp over a foot for gel toes.

With this lamp, the thumbs are to be done seperately. This is why the tray is raised up, so you can fit their four fingers underneath. Also, if you remove the tray, you can use the lamp over a foot for gel toes.

Thank you for the advice! But alas, I have tried this. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. It depends on the angle of the clients hands, their fingers are always slowely fallings out of the machine because of the small amount of space inside, and I do not have the time to constantly be watching them and telling them to put their hands back inside.

I am starting to think I am better off just getting a new lamp :irked:

Hi,
Ive recently trained with this, was told if clients fingers naturally turn slightly while resting under lamp to do two fingers at a time but i do four and then thumb separately with, so far, no problems. I do check now and again though the posistion of fingers to me that just makes sense.

Latest posts

Back