Product advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sazza83

Reaction score
hi all,i have a quick question,i learned acrylics with cnd but due to expenses i have not got the money to replace the monomer,is there any other brand i can use with the powders or a really good value for money powder/monomer i can purchase instead to use until i have the money available to buy the cnd again.:?:
sazza

You cannot mix brands - ie. one brand powder and one brand monomer. If you have clients lined up to have their nails done could you not even buy the smallest size of monomer then when the clients pay you, you can then buy the bigger size.

one question also on products is IBD a good brand and a good company as near to where i live they do training and i wondered if it is widely excepted and are they a good company?

If you are looking to try other brands at lower prices, I suggest you try regitering on the manufacturer websites and requesting trial sizes from the local rep. Most will send some for free and others will offer a sample size trial kit for a low price. I know NSI and Hand & Nail Harmony will. Which are both good products to try. I just started dabbling with the Hand & Nail Harmony, and it is wonderful!

one question also on products is IBD a good brand and a good company as near to where i live they do training and i wondered if it is widely excepted and are they a good company?

I have used IBD liquid and powder was NOT happy with it at all, i think you would be sorry if you spent your money on it:( (i do however like their gel, so I think its a fine company... who knows, maybe their products will work wonderfully for you, i know several techs who use their gel system but dont know of anyone who uses their L&P exclusively anymore)... I agree with the post about buying a small amount to get you through a few appointments and use your profit from those to invest in more.

how do i get reps to send me out free/cut priced products?who do i contact?god i feel so dumb with asking all these questions :(
sazza

Most companys do sell small sample sizes - including CND -

contact your local distributor and I'm sure they'll be happy to help as 'yeah yeah' said you are better to buy just a little to get a few clients done then reinvest the profit you make back into expanding you stocks...

It's an easy trap to spend your pennys, but business must come first :)

Well i used all my monomer in training i have no clients but i want to be able to do a service if i am needed to.None of my family or friends(friends are from my courses)will have any services as they don't go into that kind of thing which has really kicked me in the gut i feel like they don't trust me even if it ain't their cup of tea i thought the would at least try to help get more experience but no
sazza

Well i used all my monomer in training i have no clients but i want to be able to do a service if i am needed to.None of my family or friends(friends are from my courses)will have any services as they don't go into that kind of thing which has really kicked me in the gut i feel like they don't trust me even if it ain't their cup of tea i thought the would at least try to help get more experience but no
sazza

Its a hard one when you're first starting out, finding the money to pay out before you make anything back.

I think the problem is, even if you choose to use another cheaper brand (which will then possibly be a poorer quality), you will then have to buy a whole new system to work together and it will be an expensive thing to do even with a cheaper brand.

You'd be best to wait until you have the funds to buy your current liquid as it will save you money in the long run. xxx

hi all how do you go about getting samples of products to try?
sazza

Get free samples yes , IF your testing diffrent brands but INVEST if you want to make money,
if every one just wanted freebees our distributers would go bust lol
it's really not that expensive, if your really broke couldn't you get a lone?

Latest posts

Back