Products..so confused

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claire williams

Reaction score
hi ya geeks
just wondering to all you beauty therapists out there who have got there own buisness whether mobile or salon, how you picked what products to use for all the treatments because there are so many to pick from i just dont know how to choose. please help.

thanks in advance

much love:hug:
xxxx

I was fortunate in that I'd worked with lots of ranges before I came to setting up my own business, so had some idea what I was going to use. However, one of my prime concerns was the image of the business, so when choosing skincare systems & products are you going for a pseudo-medi image, a natural health image etc. The products should reflect the philosophy of your business.

However, once you have selected a few get the reps to visit you & tell you more about them, they also tend to bring samples. Other considerations are training, whether or not you believe in the products, promotional support & so forth. I found choosing the ranges the fun bit, right up until I came to write the cheques!

hi ya geeks
just wondering to all you beauty therapists out there who have got there own buisness whether mobile or salon, how you picked what products to use for all the treatments because there are so many to pick from i just dont know how to choose. please help.

thanks in advance

much love:hug:
xxxx

The best advice is to work out what products you needs for the services you offer

Nail enhancements
Facials
Body treatments
Manicure
Pedicure

Get as much information as you can from suppliers including samples if available. Have the rep do a demo on you so you can try the products. Dont always go for the cheapest like wholesale brands like Skin Truth or Piadora as in the long run it does work out twice as expensive as you will want to replace, also do buy 160 basic nail colours from the wholesalers at 99p invest in a premiere range with less colours that the public will know and they also will not go gluppy quick. the public are quite savvy about brands now, and why shoundnt they - would you go to a beauty salon and want to have the very bascic product used on you.

Go for premiere lines not budget

Latest posts

Back