Professional Beauty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailshed

Reaction score
Has any one been to the professional beauty show at the excel? Was thinking of going but wanted to know if it's worth it and what to wear?
Thanks

Has any one been to the professional beauty show at the excel? Was thinking of going but wanted to know if it's worth it and what to wear?
Thanks

Pro Beauty at ExCel is one of, if not the biggest of the beauty shows.

It's well worth the effort, as the majority of exhibitors offer special show deals and there are some good deals to be had, either there and then or on their related websites.

Be aware though that your credit cards and pocket can take a serious bashing!

Other than that, comfortable shoes and clothing are the order of the day (you don't need to wear uniform, unless you particularly want to).

There are cloakroom facilities available to store all your purchases, which will save you having to lug them around all day.....my pet hate is those attendees who take humongous wheelie cases with them, as they're lethal items and get in everyone's way.

By the way, if you arrange your ticket in advance on the Pro Beauty website, it's free. In recent years however, lots of "pretenders" have wormed their way in, and the exhibitors list can extend to many non related beauty items as well.

To avoid the masses, either try to go early or late in the day, or its can be very uncomfortable and difficult to get around.

You may want to take some snacks with you too, as the food on offer at the various outlets is obviously available at a premium.

Hope that helps.

I'm really keen to attend, to get really "in" to the industry, and learn about more brands and new trends etc but I'm worried that as a newbie I won't fully get the most out of it and my limited funds will be very quickly emptied! Do you think i'd benefit from going? Or should I leave it for another year? Also a bit nervous at the prospect of being there alone, not knowing anyone!! x

I'm really keen to attend, to get really "in" to the industry, and learn about more brands and new trends etc but I'm worried that as a newbie I won't fully get the most out of it and my limited funds will be very quickly emptied! Do you think i'd benefit from going? Or should I leave it for another year? Also a bit nervous at the prospect of being there alone, not knowing anyone!! x
You would definitely benefit from going......you'll get to see all the big brands, watch their demos, meet their teams and see their products in action. Many people go alone so I wouldn't worry about that but you can always arrange to meet up with other geeks there, that's what I do :) And as for spending your money....yeah that happens :D

...Many people go alone so I wouldn't worry about that but you can always arrange to meet up with other geeks there, that's what I do :) ....
Right, that's settled it then, nothing in the calendar for that weekend so ticket booked!!! Toying with the idea of finding out if my mum's free; she's great at helping me make decisions and not buying things for the sake of it BUT I'm wondering how long into the day she'll get tired and want to leave! :rolleyes: x

I'm new too and thinking of going [emoji4] I'm up north though so a long drive!

Latest posts

Back