Profit share questions- any advice appreciated

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shelley_d

Reaction score
Hi. I have found a beauty room in a busy hair salon and the person renting the room wants to profit share and for me to make him an offer. The room has a bed, sink, pedi chair and I can use the room next door for spray tanning, there is also a nail desk for me to use in down stairs in the salon. I have said that I will supply all my own products. If anyone has any advice it would very much be appreciated as I have never considered profit share.

What would be a reasonable % offer for the room?

Is the profit share worked on just treatments or products that I retail as well?

What should I ask to be included? utilities, rates etc

Shelley X :)

Last edited:
Im on 40/60 split and supply my own products. Im charged about 2 euro per treatments over an hour for electricity. I am being promoted, included in flyers, door signs, etc and get couch roll, furniture and other small disposables. I have use of all rooms (although dont use mani room) and help out in reception while im there

Jurate xx

Hiya,

I've just agreed a % split with the owner of the salon I'm currently doing experience at for my hairdressing nvq ( soon to complete )
I provide all my own kit ( this is for nails etc ) I'm on a 25% split to the owner for 2 months to give me a chance to build up clients then it will be 30% after. I can also use the salon just for beauty on a Monday when it's closed as a hairdressers. Once I am ready to start building up clients for hairdressing the split will be different as the owner will be providing all the products etc.

Hope this helps

:lol:

Thanks for the advice. Stacey, I was thinking of asking to start at xx% and then review it after 3 months. I think I need to ask him a few more questions that I forgot to ask yesterday.

Hi Shelly,

That's ok, I'm new to the whole split thing. I know with the hairdressers its a 50/50 but the owner pays for everything. I think what I have got is fair for the nails, I offer mani/ pedi and shallac and I also use Bio Sculpture.
It's only by chance I was there as part of my hairdressing course just working for free to gain experience and mentioned about nails.
It's a small shop and I will be on the shop floor and I have to provide a table. That's fine with me as then it's always mine.
It's all happened very quickly I could of paid a weekly rent but for me at the minute as I have been at college full time for nearly a year after leaving full time employment I now need to start earning so % works for me as I don't have to pay out if I don't get enough clients. Hoping that's not the case!!!! It's swings and round abouts with this and it's what suits each person but I am happy with the split. The hairdressers are lovely and have shown me loads so I'm getting the best of both.

Really hope it all works out for you x

The room I have seen has all the equipment in it but I also have all my own equipment, it also has a microdermabrasion and other electrical facial equipment but I'm not qualified to use them yet. The hair salon has a big data base of 2k plus clients and I saw the appointment book for the rest of the week and it looked over half full to me, so I need to ask him as well if I can use his data base. The only 2 worries I have about the room is that it is on the second floor and that the room that is available for the spray tanning is also rented out for a pilates and also a language class a few hours a week.

Latest posts

Back