Protein bond with Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelidela

Reaction score
I have just ordered some young nails protein bond as I've heard it's great for problem shellac clients! I have one lady who gets lifting and peeling at the free edge within a few days! Does anyone use this with shellac? What is your process and how do you find it?
Thanks

Protein Bond is really good, apply after scrubfresh before base coat, takes a few minutes more to soak off

I use protein bond every time on all my clients and I don't get any complaints of lifting, apart from the odd one or two client that ALWAYS comes back in 2/3 weeks with a few finger nails broken, but I put that down to their lifestyle, else it would be across all my clients.

Ooooo what's protein bond?

would highly rate i love it use it on my clients and myself. It works well with shellac.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1499465854.123869.jpg

Young Nails

Is this better than the IBX system for using under shellac?

Is this better than the IBX system for using under shellac?
It is nothing like IBX, totally different products

Protein bond is a primer, one of the best out there and it does work with any system you combine it with. It helps whatever system you are using (gel polish or enhancements) to adhere better on the nail.

IBX is a strengthening system for the natural nail. It slowly heals the inner layers of the nail making them stronger.

They can be used together. First do your prep and IBX, then protein bond then your treatment. As protein bond is a primer, if you are doing enhancements, you need to skip your normal primer.

How much longer would it add on to shellac soak off? I'm talking protein bond here xx

I soak my as usual and if it is stubborn I use my file and gently buff the tip. That's the only place I put my bond!

Thank you asteropi for clearing that up for me. I have a better understanding now [emoji4]

Latest posts

Back