Psoriasis problem on scalp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brownt62

Reaction score
Hiya
Do you have any suggestions for hair products that can be used on someone who suffers with psoriasis on the scalp....I'm talking about gels, hair sprays etc....a friend of mine has this problem...
Thank you😊
Jan

As little as possible! What type of product do they require? Smoothing? Volumising? try some fragrance free organic products as they may be a bit more gentle

It's trial and error. Is she using a shampoo for it? I was given a prescription for a pink shampoo and it's brilliant!

Some products seem to have made it worse in the past but since using this pink shampoo it's gone.

In between this I use tigi catwalk shampoo and cond, tigi bed head hard head hairspray and brilliant brunette shine shock glosser, which is annoyingly discontinued so had to buy a load off eBay :-(

I found when I was at college and using a lot of spray as I wore my hair up, that it made it worse

The only thing that causes my psoriasis real problems is Salt Spray. I have thick curly hair and love using this because it makes the curl great - no frizz - but my scalp loathes it!

I'm fine with serums, mousse, gels - anything which I can control so it's just on the hair not the scalp.

I have it to I do think every one has different results from different products though but using a regular soothing shampoo (I use polly tar) will keep the psoriasis under control I can't use brands like fructus or Alberto balsam as they make it rly bad but that's just me x

hi there, we have recently heard about a new product which is a dermalight 50 or dermalight 80 this is a wand you wave over the affected area for a short amount of time and the waveband used, treats the psoriasis its similar treatment to the puva, as works around similar bandwidth, you get a comb attachment with these....to use for the head.
they are certified as a medical device, a search on google brings up some distributers and reviews, a friend of mine bought one and says its fantastic :) said its the best £150 he's spent...

I myself suffer with this quite badly and the only thing that defo works is cocois it's coconut oil compound left on the scalp for 24 hours. It's like magic! Also nizoral shampoo x

The best remedy for dry scalp conditios is regular conditioning of the scalp with a herbal scalp massage oil. Good ingredients to look for are macadamia nut oil, Neem and Rosemary.

Latest posts

Back