Puzzled about Nourishing Remover

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helencowleard

Reaction score
Puzzled by the fact we are recommended to using nourishing remover for Shellac removal as its quicker plus is better for the nails as apposed to acetone but the remove tube for retailing to clients has acetone in? Why has it not got nourishing remover in? The smallest bottle of nourishing remover to retail would be nearly £11/12 its very odd. A client could by a bottle of pure acetone for much cheaper themselves rather than buying the remove tube especially if youve already retailed them solar oil. Confused? Think CND should change this. :confused:

Perfectly Pampered Hands

Puzzled by the fact we are recommended to using nourishing remover for Shellac removal as its quicker plus is better for the nails as apposed to acetone but the remove tube for retailing to clients has acetone in? Why has it not got nourishing remover in? The smallest bottle of nourishing remover to retail would be nearly £11/12 its very odd. A client could by a bottle of pure acetone for much cheaper themselves rather than buying the remove tube especially if youve already retailed them solar oil. Confused? Think CND should change this. :confused:

CND don't produce the Remove Tube. The Remove Tube is produced by Sweet Squared and available in the UK only. It was designed to cater for the kind of salon that does not get repeat business, such as an airport salon or hotel spa.
We've only had CND Nourishing Remover for a short time, for years we all used d.solve (the acetone that comes in the remove tube) to remove CND Shellac with great success. CND Nourishing Remover does the job 20% faster, smells nice and is significantly less dehydrating, but that doesn't mean d.solve won't do the job effectively.

Nourishing Remover or not, clients removing CND Shellac themselves is bad news! For me a Remove Tube is always a last resort. I would NEVER encourage a client to buy one unless they are absolutely prevented from returning to me for proper professional removal. I have a few Remove Tubes under the counter but would never display them or instruct a client how to remove at home themselves unless there was no other alternative.
If it is a client's priority to be able to remove their nail coating at home CND Shellac is not the right coating for them, CND Vinylux can be removed at home easily and safely so would be a better option for a client like that.

Latest posts

Back