Qualifications

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaC

Reaction score
I dont know if this is the right place to post this...I have a question..I see all the qualifications that people seem to have in beauty therapy..level 2 level 3 and all that..it would seem that Scotland are a wee bit different...

up here We have NQ or SVQ1, SVQ 2, SVQ3, HNC and HND what are the differences between hese and the English level 1 and 2 and 3 ..

sorry if i am a bit vague

LindaC

I have an SVQ in hairdressing but a level 3 in nails and i am in scotland

yeah but there is SVQ 1 , 2, and 3 levels in Hairdressing...I didnt know about the nails...I am doing HND Beauty

An English level 1 is broadly the same as an SCQF level 4, English level 2 is broadly the same as an SCQF level 5, and an English level 3 is broadly the same as an SCQF level 6 and 7. Have a look at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework - Home and check out to see the levels of the SCQF and the quals that sit there. An HND, for example sits at SCQF level 8 (go to Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework Overview of the framework and click on "see diagram"). The levels indicate the demand of assessment so an SCQF level 8 is more demanding in terms of something at SCQF level 7.

Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back