Qualified but lack confidence

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoe1984

Reaction score
Hi everyone I've not long qualified my nvq level 3 been working in a salon but only been let wash and blow dry this has gone on for 9 months I've ended up leaving but just feel my confidence has gone really low with not being let do much fed up of applying to salons and no one getting back to me why is it so hard

Some salons even in city's want their trainees just to clean and shampoo.
If you go to salons say in the quite parts like suburban areas where they are not busy they will let you do more
But it also depends of how experienced you are.
When I first started my apprenticeship in December and started tinting in February, usually you're not supposed to be allowed touch chemicals in your first year, now I know I'm gonna get jumped by other hairdressers LOL but that's what I was peraonally able to do, everyone is at their own level and so get a bit more experience and you will be able to do more.
What are you able to do?

Try and see it as a challenge salons not getting back to you and keep trying.

You will get a place :)

I trained as an apprentice in a large high street salon so got sent on colour courses and had training nights regularly.

Having a lot of hairdressers around me to ask questions re colours etc helped my confidence a lot. Also learnt the little 'tips and tricks' of the trade. I was doing foil highlights and colours within a year.

Maybe find out from other local Hairdressers what salons are good at training newly qualified hairdressers?

Thanks guys for taking the time to reply will update soon wish me luck :)

Good luck Honey :)

Zoe, another way to get confidence and inspiration is to check out our website where you can watch top stylists in the industry take you through cuts & colours in live online masterclasses! Keep on top of your game!

Zoe, another way to get confidence and inspiration is to check out our website where you can watch top stylists in the industry take you through cuts & colours in live online masterclasses! Keep on top of your game!

I always receive emails about hairdressing love but I never signed up. never.

Latest posts

Back