Question about Mani Q Colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alyon

Reaction score
Hi there,

Does anyone know if i can build a nice gel nail using a soak off builder gel like the IBD soakoff and then use the young nails mani q colour for a coloured gel nail?

If so then i can eliminate the need to buy all of the IBD soak off colours as i already have some mani q colours.

This way i could offer mani q gel polish manicures over natural nail, soak off IBD clear gel over tips ( glitter etc) and also a full colour gel enhancement by using the builder and the mani q together.

I seem to remember when young nails mani q first came out being told it was only for use over natural nail but have heard a few people say recently that they use it over gel and acrylic? Anyone know anything more about this?

Oh and another question, can the mani q clear soak off gel ( the one in the pot, not the bottles) be used over tips?

If so, i would just get that rather than invest in the IBD system. I have been happy with all my young nails products so far but i just need to find a good soak off gel system that i can use both over tips and on natural nails and i thought mani q was only for natural nail overlay?

Cheers :)

bump...Can anyone help?

I can't see why it wouldbe a problem to use it over the ibd gel. I've used mani q over rapide gel and it was fine.

If you want advice on youngs products though, just call them. The staff are always really helpful

Nat x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

It can be used over gel or acrylics. I do this all the time. The gel in the tub I would recommend for tips as its mainly for adding a little strength to the natural nail when your using mani q in the natural nail.

Latest posts

Back