Question about starting out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbiecide

Reaction score
So I qualified July 2011 with Level 2 NVQ Diploma in hairdressing. I tried to build a clientele up and only managed to build a small one. I then got married moved countries and have had 2 children and moved back to UK. I'm thinking of refreshing my skills and also doing a course when I find a good one for becoming a hair extension technician. My question though (as dumb as it may sound, but I've been out of the game for a while) is once I build a clientele base and then decide to go mobile what and how do I do it? I know I have to get insurance but could somebody brief me on starting out please. I also would like to know of I would be allowed to buy from places like Sally's and Aston & Finchers if I didn't have insurance as my sister has recently asked me to do her hair for her. Thanks in advance from anybody that can kindly answer my questions and educate me a bit on the whole staring out process, sorry for the Loooong question :) x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Firstly I would highly recommend doing level 3 rather than a refresher. I think you'll pick up your skills again quite quickly from that and gain some new ones as well.

You usually have to provide insurance proof to get a trade card although it varies from wholesaler to wholesaler. Your best bet is to contact the individual places to ask. Tbh I wouldn't do even my sister without insurance though.

To set up you need to register as self employed with revenue and customs and then possibly register with other bodies depending on what business structure you decide to use.

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Ella's Tresses - Thank you for all of your advice, level 3 sounds like a good route to go :)

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back