Question for techs currently training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeYourBestYou

Reaction score
I just wondered what your provider is doing for you whilst we are in lockdown? Has your course been suspended? Are you just completing written work until you get back? Were you given the option to start from scratch (Ooh - accidental pun!) at a later date?
Also, are you with a college or a private provider? Does anyone know if it’s possible to complain to student finance if they’ve been forced to do a very much lower quality course from home yet no change in what it will ultimately cost?
Thanks in advance!

Hi, im currently doing a VCTC Level 2 at college one day a week for 18 weeks which we started 2nd week in Jan. The last two lessons have been "Virtual" using google classroom/meet. We have done mani, pedi and were starting gels before college stopped. Lesson wise we have mostly recapped on stuff, more practice etc. Our virtual lesson have been 9-5 with an hour lunch so exactly the same as it would be at college. Not much written work to be set as we have covered alot of the theory already. Moving forward we have been told the college are awaiting a decision from VTCT as to wether they will allow us to create a port folio of work and be passed on that rather than being seen in action by our tutor or there is talk of picking back up in September. To be honest i dont think anyone knows just yet and its a waiting game. I cant see how your college can offer a lower quality course because then you wouldnt be able to pass with the governing body of your course if that makes sense? I suppose you could complain but im not sure where you would get at the mo, i think you may need to wait and ultimately see what your providers final decision is on your course. Ie do they cancel it, re offer another start date, pass you with a portfolio etc. Until the governing bodies of these courses decide on what happens colleges are stuck with what they can do. My course was funded (although i paid £400 for my kit) however if i had paid for it and they cancelled it without offering a refund or new start start date then yes i would be complaining.

Latest posts

Back