Question - going blonde to reds and coppers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi can anyone help me I've got a client that has been having full head bleach for years hair is short .she now wants a change I know you have to put red pigment back into hair client likes the look of Loreal mairouge 6.62 can I put that onto bleached hair? Also does it need a base mixed in I have explained what ever colour she has it's going to fade also would it be a good idea to put a golden coloured mousse before applying permenant colour?

Your putting in the tone that is missing when it's been bleached out. So gold wouldn't be the correct choice. What procedure were you thinking?

Your last post was the same question, is it the same client?

Yes same client accidentally sent question twice question is I know I have to put tone back in she likes the colour mairouge 6.62 but as it's been bleached for so long unsure how to get best result someone told me use a golden coloured mousse first then put colour on I would really appreciate advise thanks

So have you any thoughts on how you would go about this?

I was thinking of using either golden shade of coloured mousse or semi permenant golden tone then apply the 6.62 Loreal mairouge just unsure if that would work?

Has she got a regrowth and what colour is it?

What condition is her hair in?

Why have you chosen a gold mousse?

Slight regrowth condition not bad as she has it cut regularly and it's short and I thought gold tone as you have to put the gold pigment back into hair before colouring it ?she is quite a difficult client so just looking at getting best advise as I'm a little nervous about doing it I could always give Loreal advise line a call though

Are you trained in colour correction as it isn't gold you need to use and it's not as simple as putting a mousse on then whacking a colour on top. If your not able to tackle this i wouldn't do it.

Thanks for help

Sorry but I asked you a few leading questions like what is your procedure and what the natural hair colour is and you didnt really offer anything more.

Personally I wouldn't give a step by step guide to a correction on here without a little help from the poster.

It may not be as simple as a two step process as if it goes wrong you are still none the wiser as to how to correct it.

Latest posts

Back