Question, greenie?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naillove5

Reaction score
Well I'm in cosmetology school and I graduate Oct 15. I love doing nails and have a question..... I currently have a client that is getting green color on her nails. It doesn't show up for at least two fills then I notice it. why is this happening?? I'm extremely clean. and I just want to do nails so bad!! all I can think is that im doing something wrong and then no one will want to come to me!! HELP!!! how do I fix this??:irked:

I have looked up everything I can and have figured it has to be pseudomonas bacteria. I prep the nail they way I was taught well close if not a little better and I also clean all my instruments!! just not sure what else I am doing wrong or how to fix this!! I don't want people to think I do a bad job or that im giving people a fungus!!

It sounds like you're not removing ALL lifting when you're doing the infills. If there is lift left behind and moisture trapped, bacteria will grow over time resulting in a greenie on the nail. As it's not showing straight away, I'd say this is most likely the case.

Make sure you get rid of all lifting and if you struggle/have doubts it's probably better to remove the enhancement and start again with it until you're confident with removing all lifting during infills. Keep practicing though, I'm sure you'll get there and there's some great tutorials that Geeg has done here on SG too. HTH's x

The green colour is the result of a bacterial infection ... It is not fungal.
You must completely remove all of the product or the bacteria will not die.

Oxygen from the air will instantly kill the bacteria & usually a green stain will remain depending on the severity.. A light stain may buff off easily..but if it doesn't then you will have to allow it to grow off the nail as you don't want to over file/buff & end up thinning the nail out.

You will need to thoroughly cleanse the nail with a product such as scrubfresh that has pathogen fighters in it.
You will also need to discard any files that have been used on this lady.

It sounds like the most likely cause of this happening is that the nails have lifted... Any lifting that is left or develops will allow water & dirt & such like to get between the nail plate & the product... & then the bacteria starts to grow & multiply.

My first course of action would be to get those nails soaked off completely & start again x

The green colour is the result of a bacterial infection ... It is not fungal.
You must completely remove all of the product or the bacteria will not die.

Oxygen from the air will instantly kill the bacteria & usually a green stain will remain depending on the severity.. A light stain may buff off easily..but if it doesn't then you will have to allow it to grow off the nail as you don't want to over file/buff & end up thinning the nail out.

You will need to thoroughly cleanse the nail with a product such as scrubfresh that has pathogen fighters in it.
You will also need to discard any files that have been used on this lady.

It sounds like the most likely cause of this happening is that the nails have lifted... Any lifting that is left or develops will allow water & dirt & such like to get between the nail plate & the product... & then the bacteria starts to grow & multiply.

My first course of action would be to get those nails soaked off completely & start again x

I just wanted to say that Scrubfresh doesn't leave pathogen fighters behind anymore because a couple of years ago they removed the parabens that did that job.

Although there is Isopropanol in the scrubfresh that kills bacteria on the nail...it just doesn't leave behind the pathogen fighters like it used to.

I base this information on a post created by wee fee: http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/230549-cnd-scrubfresh-pathogen-fighters.html

Ah thanks for sharing... I didn't realise that !

Latest posts

Back