Question re natural nail C Curves

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fats28

Reaction score
This might sound stupid but I've just noticed that all my nails have a different natural c curve. My pinky has a lovely curve and they all flatten out until the thumb which is practically flat. Also the right hand is much flatter than the left. I was just wondering if thats the case for everyone that their nails are different, or could this be something to do with the fact I cannabalised my nails for the first 27 years of my life. Just curious really.

This might sound stupid but I've just noticed that all my nails have a different natural c curve. My pinky has a lovely curve and they all flatten out until the thumb which is practically flat. Also the right hand is much flatter than the left. I was just wondering if thats the case for everyone that their nails are different, or could this be something to do with the fact I cannabalised my nails for the first 27 years of my life. Just curious really.
If you were a bit of a nail nibbler for so long the chances are that it may have something to do with the C curve of your nails not being consistent. If you had at any time damaged around the area of the matrix, during nail nibbling, then you may have disrupted the nail growth pattern.

Just a suggestion!
HTH

I use to be a nail biter so each of my nails c-curve all differ, it's not really that noticable though.

xxx

Mine is really noticeable, I don't know why I've never noticed it before. I was messing about yesterday with nail art and kept "posing" my fingers and thats when I saw it. I'll see if I can get a photo tonight.

I have noticed that the nails on my right hand are bigger than the nails on my left hand, i bit my nails when i was a kid but only for about 3 years. Funny how one hand is diferent to the other isn't it!!
Rachel xx

My right thumb which I gnawed at constantly only has 4mm of sidewall at the left hand side, whereas the right hand side has nearly 9mm. That probably explain why I can never find a tip to fit it properly!!

Hi Hun,
I've never been a nail nibbler, but my index fingers & thumbs have practically NO c-curve at all :irked: !
I just make one by gently pinching the free-edge after sculpting.

It is probably a little bit of both. I have done nails for about 4 years now and I have noticed that everyone has crooked fingers, and uneven smile lines. If your nails are flat that is probably from biting. I have had numerous number of nail biter clients whose nails actuall start to almost curve up. So all I can say is that it is not to abnormal but STOP BITING!!

My left thumb is the only one that has a c curve at all and I didn't and don't bite my nails what is strange is its the thumb that I sucked when I was a small child.

Latest posts

Back