Quick developing tan-is there such a thing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoe P

Reaction score
Hi, I have been trialling various fast tans that you can was off in 2-4 hours and most are quite good but they seem to still take as long to develop as if you leave the 'normal' tans overnight! Is there any solutions that develop quickly after wash off. So for example someone has a tan at 12 washes off at 4 and can go out 6 and have a good colour!

TIA, Zoe.x

Basically no. Fast or rapid tans are fast because of how quickly you can wash them off and go about your business as normal rather than how fast the colour develops. A standard 6-8 hour solution will get it's full colour and depth before a fast/rapid tan will. Rapid/fast tans usually take 12 hours to reach their darkness of colour then a further 12 hours to deepen to the full extent (no darker in colour but a deeper brown - it's hard to explain but usually understood when seen lol).

Yes there is sienna X's tonight's the night solution, you leave it on for 2-3 hours then wash it off :)

Yes there is sienna X's tonight's the night solution, you leave it on for 2-3 hours then wash it off :)
The tan of 'tonight's the night' doesn't show up quickly though, it is the same as other fast/rapid tans as I explained above. The wash of time is quick but the full colour is not achieved quickly. There are loads and loads and loads of rapid/fast tans out there, almost every brand has a version. I have not heard of a single one that gets the full colour quicker than a 6-8 hour tan, they all take around 12 hours to get a good colour and then continue to deepen.
I'm sure there are companies out there working on a solution that can be washed off fast and give a full colour tan fast but I have not heard of any that get their full colour, fast, YET.

I am sienna trained and use Tonight's the night quite often, I am normally satisfied with the colour i have after 4 hours, ive never left mine on any longer then 5 hours and never been disappointed.
If you leave it on longer, yes it obviously keeps developing but for me, I'm not fair skinned either, 4-5 hours is enough for nice sun-kissed look...perfect on a night out

I am sienna trained and use Tonight's the night quite often, I am normally satisfied with the colour i have after 4 hours, ive never left mine on any longer then 5 hours and never been disappointed.
If you leave it on longer, yes it obviously keeps developing but for me, I'm not fair skinned either, 4-5 hours is enough for nice sun-kissed look...perfect on a night out
So how long after you were sprayed do you have the lovely colour? I am not asking how long you need to leave it on to get a nice colour but how long from spraying to getting that lovely colour - is it quicker than having a standard 6-8 hour tan and seeing the lovely full colour at wash off (therefore the time from spraying to lovely colour is 6-8 hours).

The formulation will create a caramel-coloured tan on the skin that lasts up to a five days. (With use of Sienna's specially formulated moisturising body wash) The guide colour takes just 2 hours to develop on lighter skin tones but those with darker complexions should leave the solution on for 4 hours in total to achieve a lovely glow
But as I said before, after around 4 hours when i wash mine off im always happy with the colour I have and not had issues with clients after advised wash off time either

Last edited:
The tan of 'tonight's the night' doesn't show up quickly though, it is the same as other fast/rapid tans as I explained above. The wash of time is quick but the full colour is not achieved quickly. There are loads and loads and loads of rapid/fast tans out there, almost every brand has a version. I have not heard of a single one that gets the full colour quicker than a 6-8 hour tan, they all take around 12 hours to get a good colour and then continue to deepen.
I'm sure there are companies out there working on a solution that can be washed off fast and give a full colour tan fast but I have not heard of any that get their full colour, fast, YET.

Thanks, I have used Unreal and La tan and electric tan (which I had a nightmare with as it's thick and my machine is just not good enough to use it) All 3 took a long time to develop. I have Vita Liberata and Fake Bake fast versions coming to try so will let you know!

The formulation will create a caramel-coloured tan on the skin that lasts up to a five days. (With use of Sienna's specially formulated moisturising body wash) The guide colour takes just 2 hours to develop on lighter skin tones but those with darker complexions should leave the solution on for 4 hours in total to achieve a lovely glow
But as I said before, after around 4 hours when i wash mine off im always happy with the colour I have and not had issues with clients after advised wash off time either
So it doesn't carry on developing after wash off then?? As everyone I have tried seems to so far.

St tropez express tan x

So it doesn't carry on developing after wash off then?? As everyone I have tried seems to so far.
Yes "Tonight's the night" does continue to develop after washing off. I have tried the solution myself.
I use LA FAST and love it BUT it doesn't develop fast, I advise it for those wanting to wash the guide off quickly, I just ensure they have their tan done the day before they want their full colour. I am one of those who loves to be able to wash the solution off just a few hours later as I hate feeling like I have to sit still while the tan develops, the freedom to just carry on with my day after washing off while my tan develops is the best thing about fast/rapid tans.

I love St Tropez express tan as do all my clients I don't any longer get asked for their other solutions! Once washed off between 1-4 hours you will have a golden colour but this does still continue to develop for a good 8 hours later!

Latest posts

Back