Quiet Salon... where is everyone! Need clients to book or walk in!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

studio17

Reaction score
Is it just my Salon or it has been quiet this week?
Any advise to drive people in? I have a gorgeous Salon but people seem to ignor it although they can see inside! Help me!!! All kind of advise will be welcome x:irked:

Have you done flyer drops or advertised on the free ad websites?? Try Gumtree I get 80% of my clients through there for my mobile business.

In the current economy we have to find innovative, cost-effective ways to bring in new business. You should search through previous threads to see ideas other geeks have come up. THere are some fab ideas out there. Here are some I can remember off the top of my head:

1. Target local businesses that you think could help e.g. local golf clubs or social clubs and give them a special offer.
  2. Phone local charities or organisations doing charity fund raising and offer them a prize of a voucher. Good publicity and good karma.
  3. Someone head of a local salon giving local windowcleaners t-shirts with the salons logo on them - the window cleaners worked in busy office areas and were seen by a lot of people. Great, almost free publicity.
  4. Get a poster for the back window of your car.
  5. Get decals / signs for your car.
  6. Contact your local paper to see if they need stories on your industry - you may get the opportunity to give them a good story and at least they may contact you if a story relevant to your industry comes up.
I hope this helps somewhat?

We are finding that here in London, things are starting to ease. We are not back to pre-recession levels, but not bad, and much better than last Oct/Nov.
Hang on in there, If you can see this year out , it should go BOOM

Not gloating but this week is the best I've had since Xmas week. Now its March things are starting to hot up a bit more. You been open for long? x

we are also seeing a marked improvement in trade compared to the last year i am an expert in advertising,marketing,costing and the biggy cash flow !!! bring on the good times again yay lol

im stuck in an advertising rut...every newspaper ad iv done has been the biggest waste of time, and i have leaflets to deliver but apart from tht im a bit stuck... x

We are finding that here in London, things are starting to ease. We are not back to pre-recession levels, but not bad, and much better than last Oct/Nov.
Hang on in there, If you can see this year out , it should go BOOM

I love it went you say that things are gonna go BOOM! We are noticing thing easier than last year too and waiting lists are starting to fill up again, which I always thinks a good sign.

Have been a hairdressers in 2 booms and 2 recessions. It will go BOOM again, I promise. The hardest part is getting through this end of the recession period. More salons go bust at the end of a recession than in the middle as their cashflow tanks.
Different areas are experiencing different things. One of my salons is having a harder time than the other.

Latest posts

Back