Radius clause

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobile

Reaction score
my friend wants to leave her job in a salon and start on her own her employer has enforced a radius clause are these legally binding

If the enforcement is contained within a formal contract, I would think it more than likely is.

A local branch of the Citizens Advice Bureau or a solicitor would be able to verify this though.

HTHs

as long as its a reasonable radius for a reasonable timescale, then yes it is. Her employer would be entitled to sue for damages.

Yep, they're enforceable. And who can blame her for protecting her livelihood. I know I would!

not sure exactly, but SURELY if some one wanted to keep her as her hairdresser, she cant refuse their business? i think as long as she isnt activly trying to take clients with her and she doesnt advertise within the radius, and the clients activly seek her out, then she cant help it if they follow. . x

The radius clause means that she cant tell her clients that she is leaving, or where she is going, nor can she contact them. If they track her down then the onus is on the client and there is nothing the salon owner can do. My staff are forbidden from giving their phone numbers out to clients etc etc.

Can I ask if its a large franchise company she works for?

Latest posts

Back