Rant!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

totalbeautyabz

Reaction score
I'm doing my course in OPI Axxium gel extensions. It's been a fiddly process and I've made some mistakes along the way, but it's a learning process....right??? I've had to do 5 case studies using tips and forms, then follow them up with infills and backfills. Being the pain in the *** perfectionist that I am, I've done 5 tips and 4 forms as I knew I'd somehow be let down by some of my case studies (I was right!!). Anyway, my tutor has had nothing but praise for my work, so I know I'm not bad at it. However, I've had one client who has been an utter pain. She's done nothing but whinge since the moment she walked through my door. The forms were too thick ( they were a touch, but honestly not bad), I took too long (I'm learning and she knows it!!!), I filed them down and made them perfect for her infills. They were gorgeous and she begrudgingly admitted this. She asked about removal then, and I said I need to buff them off. She replied that she'd better block off 6 hours then as they're so thick! They were credit card thickness!!!! Now she's whining they've gone cloudy. My pictures don't show cloudy ness at all! They are perfect. She emailed at 2250 last night to tell me this and wants them removed. I'm fully booked. My hubby has just suggested cancelling our weekend away to free up time on Friday to remove them and get rid of her.
Best bit? I have my exam a week today and my confidence is shattered.

Didn't want read and run, she sounds awful! I wouldn't cancel your weekend away, I'd message back saying that you are unable to fit her until ??/?? At whatever time and that you won't be checking your messages as you are at a prior engagement over the weekend. In other words bugger off and leave me alone! Xxx

Done that. Apparently it's not suitable. She's off on holiday!

Best thing you do is get them off her as fast as possible, forget about her and move on. In my experience these types of clients are a pain in the butt and are never happy with anything you do. They make you jump through hoops and still demand more! Also I'd make sure I never book her in again, some clients are just a confidence killer and a dead loss. Some need winning over but from what you've said you've tried your best. Usually they start comparing you to their previous tech saying how wonderful they were but if that were the case then why don't they go there anymore?

Get your confidence back, get rid and listen to your tutor.

Karaxxx

Ps. Don't cancel your plans, bad habit to start! Clients don't dictate EVER!

I agree, be firm, and be confident. Tell her that you appreciate she would like them removing, however, she needs to appreciate you already have other happy clients booked in for nails/refills etc. Tell her when you are available, and if she would like to book the appointment. Also inform her of your removal time & prices.

Go away, have a lovely weekend, and chalk this down to one of the many whinging clients you will encounter in your career! Some people are never happy, but you need to be firm, and not let the minority interfere or spoil it you for you and other clients x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you everyone for your replies. You've no idea how much I appreciate it. I'm never booking her again. She offered to get them done as I asked on Facebook for anyone that would mind having them on for a few weeks, bearing in mind that they are case studies. I told her last week that I was busy the next 2 weeks and I was off on holiday....followed by the dreaded exam. I could have taken them off for her last week!

Honestly hun, pay her no mind......sorry to say she wont be the first or last, you just get better at dealing with them! They want the earth but have no concept that you are training or that they might not get quite the perfect service they feel they should get or want to pay for LOL.

Concentrate on your hols and your exam, you'll be fine - hugs xx

Karaxxx

Apparently she doesn't need this 'stress'. Pardon??

Honestly hun, pay her no mind......sorry to say she wont be the first or last, you just get better at dealing with them! They want the earth but have no concept that you are training or that they might not get quite the perfect service they feel they should get or want to pay for LOL.

Concentrate on your hols and your exam, you'll be fine - hugs xx

Karaxxx

Thank you xx

She's a whinge bag. She obvs wanted perfection for £0.
Tell her when you can do it and how much it will cost and if she can't make it then tough luck. Do not cancel your weekend away, you only did them last week so they aren't due for infill or removal so your perfectly entitled to go away when no ones made a booking prior x

She says they're all wobbly. Funny, I did my friends the week before and they are still perfect. She's a chemistry teacher and rough on her hands! This other person left with shiny, sparkly perfect nails and clearly has done something to them. I'm not cancelling my holiday!

Latest posts

Back