Reaction To Asian Colored Tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MobileNails

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I had a bad reaction and I went to the doctors and they said I had bad dermititis..
Well I found the problem....a few weeks ago I bought some colored tips from china and I was soooo excited I applied a full set on myself and they did look fab...
I removed them right away because of the blistering I got...
Anyway, I applied a set on my sister today and I am non stop scratching...So it is definatley the colored tips I got from an asian seller on ebay....
I am so sore red and itchy...
I will be wearing gloves if I am going to apply them to a client..Or should I not incase a client has a reaction as well?
my sisters fingers are fine

Are you sure its the tips you are allergic to? Usually a skin reaction is due to a liquid.

I think you would wise not to use these on any one especially clients, as you would be risking your reputation! Throw them in the bin and be aware of E bay as you never know what your going to get!!

You're sure it is not the adhesive you are allergic to? Are you allergic to any other plastics?

What are the tips made of?? Usually they are ABS (acrylonitrilebutadenestyrene) but lord knows what the colour is.

Certainly you would always ask a client about any known allergies before you start during your client consultation..

If really in doubt you could always do a test nail.

i use everything the same, except the tips where these asian tips...
I might just give them a miss I reckon and dump them..because I am not allergic to anything at all and this has happen again...definatley the asian tips I think...To the bin they go....

Latest posts

Back