Really need advice please! College...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammi_xxx

Reaction score
Well I started my VCTC Level 2 Beauty in January, everything is great!
Its only a short course, 24 weeks.
My college are starting to enroll for Level 3 which starts in Sept but is a year long and an NVQ.
Basically my problem is, my tutor said we can progress from this course onto the Level 3 in Sept. Only to find out today that it is no longer possible and would need to do the full NVQ Level 2 first.

There is another college down the road from me, that is possible to go onto Level 3 there as a girl on my course has enquired and has sent an app form to them.

Basically I need advice on what to do... was this course a huge waste of my time? is it good to have a VCTC and an NVQ both at level 2? or should I cut my losses and go straight to Level 3 in the other college??

Might I add I have made a huge investment in the products I have bought especially for this course

Sorry for all this, need answers from you experts :D

that is shocking.

VTCT is equivalent to NVQ. I would go to the other college. Vote with your feet. They will find that their course is not viable due to lack of numbers....

Another question if you dont mind :)
if I go straight to Level 3, is this level 2 course enough in terms of learning? I mean year long ones are more in depth

VTCT is the awarding body not the qualification and NVQ is the qualification (as far as I know!) - ive done NVQ2 - VTCT were the awarding body and that is where my certificate comes from but it is a NVQ2

Latest posts

Back