Quantcast

Rebalancing without unsightly lines

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steph

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have only been doing acrylics for a short while but I am pretty pleased with my results :D However, I find that sometimes I get discolouration showing in lines from past rebalances, or the nails start to look cloudy/pinky-yellow :oops: Has anyone any tips or explanations to help me :?: Thanks

Sue

Reaction score
Steph - I await the answers to this problem as I too am experiencing the same.

I know that some people use a product called 'Line Out' after first blending the enhancement down flush with natural nail - 'Line Out' apparently takes away the blend line that often occurs during infills. Never tried it yet - but I will be ordering some!

Interested to hear the answer to the other part of your message - discolouration - pinky/yellowy?

Love
Sue
xxx

Mrs Gadget

Geeky Princess
Reaction score
Hi Steph and Sue

I have a prob with this too, I do use Line Out but it doesn't always work, dont know about the discolouration of acrylic haven't come across it personally but hope someone else can help you.

Ange in 'Bama

Reaction score
This is what I have read-heard-done about fill lines.
#1 Make sure you are filling flush to the natural nail. There should be no lifted edge where the old acrylic joins the natural nail.
#2 Line- Out. Some swear by it, some say it causes yellowing and pocket lifting. My personal experience is that it does work somewhat.
#3 I have read where you can acheive the same effect by using a tiny bit of monomer instead of Line-Out.

I usually have the best results by doing #1 and maybe a tiny bit of Line-out.
:rolleyes:

Mrs Geek

Sweet Heart
Premium Geek
Reaction score
all check-out 'fill good re-balancing' under Tutorials.. it shows you with pics how to do what you are all talking about ;)

Steph

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. In response to the last entry, I read the information on rebalancing and found it very helpful. Think my problem arises due to not removing all the lifting. I find it very difficult to remove the last little bit, particularly if its down the sides near the nail wall. do i just need more practise :?:

Mrs Geek

Sweet Heart
Premium Geek
Reaction score
need to check your prep and make sure you are being very thorough. :huh: Lifting mainly appears in zone 3. Remember, don't buff the LIFTED PART... buff behind the lifted part (on the product not lifted behind - not natural nail) , then it just crumbles away (no point in buffing lift when it's already lifted!!) :tongue: So.. Check prep, press and smooth - don't touch soft tissue (skin) with brush or product and work 'deliberately' watching what you are doing! Hope I've helped! :thumbsup:

MichelleAU

Reaction score
And I was always told that if you spend extra time on PREP you won't have any lift to remove the following rebalance :D

Steph

Reaction score
thanks guys, thats been a real help, watch this space! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts