Rebookings & quiet spells

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautG

Reaction score
Hello everybody, does anyone else have clients who can't commit to rebooking when they're at their appointments? I have quite a few....also is anybody else really quiet at the minute?? I'm trying to stay positive & thought it would pick up after jan but not just yet 😥 sooo frustrating!! Roll on summer!!!

Hello everybody, does anyone else have clients who can't commit to rebooking when they're at their appointments? I have quite a few....also is anybody else really quiet at the minute?? I'm trying to stay positive & thought it would pick up after jan but not just yet 😥 sooo frustrating!! Roll on summer!!!

I've had a really busy January then this week has gone quiet! I know it will pick up towards the end of this week with nail treatments in particular, jan & feb can be inconsistent with apps - get promoting any offers you may have running x

Thanks for your reply! Yes I have got a few offers on, & trying to promote on my facebook page. Hopefully will pick up by the end of the week!! Good time to do myself some treatments on myself I guess! 😉 x

Hi, yes I'm quiet too at the moment, last week of jan was good, last week was ok in the end & today has been really quiet :( hope it picks up for us all soon x

Hi, yes last week of jan & last week weren't too bad for me either. Yea lets hope it picks up for everybody soon, going to have a think about Mother's Day offers x

I had a very quiet start to January but picked up lots the last few weeks, I have issues with re booking too tho I can count the number of people who commit to rebooking on my fingers I'd like some info on how to make that better too

I've also had lots of regulars rearranging their apps for a week after original times, I'm guessing to get longer from their nails! X

I have to admit I'm one of 'those' clients, I tend to try to book on the day that I realise I need a hair cut, I just don't like to commit and then potentially need to cancel..
These are just some thoughts.. maybe you could do some sort of loyalty scheme to help encourage people to definitely come back to you. Possibly get them on some sort of mailing list (you have to get permission) where you can send out a monthly hair trends, any offers or salon news again to keep you in their minds.

Hi, yes last week of jan & last week weren't too bad for me either. Yea lets hope it picks up for everybody soon, going to have a think about Mother's Day offers x

It's good to know we not alone coz it does get worrying when the quiet days get U down, especially today was not too good x

Thanks for the ideas will definitely think about loyalty cards. Yes it does get you down when you have those quiet days & you start thinking about the clients who haven't been for a while etc!
I have a couple of clients who sometimes come every 3/4 weeks & then sometimes go 2 months! Strange! X

I hope the rest of the week is better for you 2015year x

You too hun x

What's u guys feelings on a rebooking discount? I watched a video the other day by a salon and they give out 15% discount for booking the next appointment in advance, I just worry about doing myself out of money by doing that?

What's u guys feelings on a rebooking discount? I watched a video the other day by a salon and they give out 15% discount for booking the next appointment in advance, I just worry about doing myself out of money by doing that?

I always feel that once you start discounts they will expect it all the time, maybe U could offer a discount on 7th visit something like that to keep them coming back? X

That's what I do at the moment, I only realised rebooking is even an issue when I started hearing about rebooking rates on a video the other day

Ooh I do like the sound of that actually, it's a good incentive. I know what you mean though no point doing yourself out of making any money, but definitely one to think about x

Yeah we don't want to do ourselves out of any money it's hard enough at the moment lol x

The majority of our clients rebook. As they pay, I say "would you like me to pencil your next appointment in?" and 99% off the time they say yes. They sometimes um and ah and I encourage them to book and change their appointment rather than not book at all. We have every facility to make it easy. Online/Facebook booking, email, text or the good old phone.

I love it when I wake up in the morning and clients have booked online in the night. One client frequently makes her bookings at about 2 in the morning!

Never be afraid to ask if they would like to book their next appointment. Half the time, that is what is missing - and I would never offer a discount for someone booking their next appointment, I just expect them to!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm getting much better at asking and its paying off. We have a button on the computer that triggers us to ask before we take payment and so if they do book it prints out on their receipt " look forward to seeing you on ...

I can never bring myself to ask if its their first visit with me though as don't like to assume they like it! I got better in autumn as could tell them that December was filling up and so they should book early to get their preferred time and we had clients in today book for appointments which bought us up to Easter! it's really nice to see the months ahead getting booked where as before I was happy just to get bookings for the next day!

Where we are new, clients have been used to ringing up and getting an appointment for whenever they like but as we have been busier over the last few months, I haven't always been able to accommodate their first choice so they are now keener to rebook and get the exact time they want.

Latest posts

Back