Rebookings & quiet spells

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that's kind of how my biz has been too where because we were a new biz we wernt so busy so they knew they could come in anytime, but then like you I got busy around Xmas so always booked everyone in in advance, I do always ask them tho, I'll try the "pencil you in" one tho that sounds good, they'll feel less committed and able to rearrange but happy they have a space :) thanks

I think that's kind of how my biz has been too where because we were a new biz we wernt so busy so they knew they could come in anytime, but then like you I got busy around Xmas so always booked everyone in in advance, I do always ask them tho, I'll try the "pencil you in" one tho that sounds good, they'll feel less committed and able to rearrange but happy they have a space :) thanks

You could also try " so, your next appointment is the 28th, you usually come every 4 weeks don't you, so what time suits you best on that day?" All said in one sentence ;)

Positive expectation!

The time scale varies if you are hair or nails obviously.

With hair most of my clients book in advance as I only work 3 days and explain to them I get really busy. I offer a loyalty scheme where they collect stars at each appointment. When they have 5 stars they get a free product like a hairspray.

I don't run offers as clients can expect them. I try and bring the salon to the home so I use all my own towels, gowns shampoo etc. I always give a consultation before every service even if the clients are regulars. I always tell them what I am using and why, as I feel most clients need educating about their hair. Maintain your professionalism! I hope this helps xx

Just went in with the "shall I pencil you in" boom! Rebooked! Haha thanks vic! Xx

My regular clients all pre pay for their treatments so I automatically book them in. Those who prefer to pay as you go I say "would you like me to book your next appointment" and most say yes, I have only had a couple say they will contact me. I would never give discount if they prebook as that would mean Id be out of pocket but then the pre paid ones already get 7th treatment for free as they have pre paid.

I have a few clients who are self employed (hairdressers/ driving instructor/ personal trainer etc) so I guess sometimes it is difficult to commit if you're not 100% sure when you are free but I think I'm definitely going to try the i ll pencil you in a bit more & I have ordered some loyalty cards too! X

I find in general self employed people better at pre booking, I do a lot of beauty therapists and they always pre book, however they do confuse me a bit when they turn up late! They must know what it's like to try to catch up on your day when someone's late better than anyone! Lol

Lol! Yes they should definitely know better than to turn up late! :)

Just went in with the "shall I pencil you in" boom! Rebooked! Haha thanks vic! Xx

It's funny, I think saying 'pencil' makes it easier for them. It's not set in stone. They can always change it if they need to. You just have to say it after every client every single time. My Tuesday in 4 weeks can sometimes be an exact replica of my Tuesday this week because they've all re booked!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I find the secret to getting clients rebooking is actually in your consultation with the client.

for eg for a shellac treatment I will say , I will need to see you again in 2 weeks time to either take these off or redo them

then at the end of the treatment ask them what time suits them in 2 weeks all while still sat at the nail desk

I find if you hijack them at reception asking if they want to rebook it feels too pushy and too much like a sales tactic but if you mention it at the start of the treatment they think about rebooking during the treatment and expect to be asked when leaving for their next appointment.

I just find this feels way more natural to me :)

I think we have to do what feels natural. When I have my hair done, she always says 'do you want to get the next one in the diary?' and I'm always glad to be reminded. I don't think clients ever take offence, as long as you don't make it hard for them to say no.

It's funny because now my daughter works with me full time, I hear her using the same language and intonation as me. We are usually able to fit clients in at short notice, but more recently they really need to book. I have a slight sadistic pleasure for the ones that really bugger you about when I have to say "oh sorry we're fully booked that day! ". My daughter will tell me it's bad karma - that's why my pleasure is only slight!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back