Recommend a friend

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millytint

Reaction score
I am hoping to do a recommend a friend scheme but i am not sure how what to offer as the promotion eg: the salon i ued to work in did it were both parties receive 50% off their next treatment. i am getting the feeling that maybe this was to much as lots of people on here seem to only be doing 10% or 20%, what do you think?

Rather than doing discounts (I never discount my work) I send the "reccommender" a bunch of flowers.

I did the recommend a friend offer when I first started to build up a client base. It worked pretty well. I just offered 20% discount to the current client - nothing to the new one. It worked pretty well :)
Hadn't thought of sending flowers or something similar, but I think my clients prefered the discount tbh.
If you do other treatments you could offer one of them as a thankyou x

I don't do discounts and don't like offers. Clients will recommend a friend anyway if they like your work and a friend wants a treatment. That is not to say that I haven't rewarded my best clients when they have introduced someone who has become a regular.

It is regular business that you are trying to attract and I have several friends who have had schemes like this that have failed because the new client only comes once for the reduced treatment. Same as offers and discounts, you will attract people who will wait for the next offer!

If you are thinking of a scheme like this I would maybe give a reward to the client who introduces once the other has spent a certain amount of money.

It isn't as difficult as it seems to build up a strong client base without giving discounts. Charge fair prices and give friendly and professional treatments and give out 3 business cards to each of your clients. :)

Hi, I give a five pound discount, the client recommends someone, they come in and get a fiver off, when the person who recommended them comes in, they then get five pound off, and I have to say, it was a good idea and definately works. And bieng totally honest, they have all stuck with me!

I am hoping to do a recommend a friend scheme but i am not sure how what to offer as the promotion eg: the salon i ued to work in did it were both parties receive 50% off their next treatment. i am getting the feeling that maybe this was to much as lots of people on here seem to only be doing 10% or 20%, what do you think?

Hello Everyone,

I am completely agree with Jenx!!

If your service is so nice then why should you give any discount? And if you think to give a discount then of course you can give it to your regular customer and not to the new one. I am not against the new customer but if your service is good then your new customer will automatically become your regular customer.

Am I right???

Latest posts

Back