Recommend me some nice pre-blended massage oils

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazelb

Reaction score
I currently use eve taylor and have the anti-stress body massage blend. It's ok but I do find it quite a 'busy' oil with lots of different aromas.

I'm looking for some pre-blended oils that have simpler fragrances, where I have choice of about 3 or 4 I can use, depending on the clients preference.
I've looked at the various wholesalers but I can't find anything interesting. Has anyone got any suggestions? I've had massages before with frangipan blends or citrus blends...that's the sort of thing I'm after.

...if not I might have to blend my own.

Hi Hazel,
try this brand
Aromatherapy - Massage Oils - Naturallythinking Pure Aromatherapy and Spa

It was recommended to me when I began by a friend who has been a massage therapist for years. I began using it over 2 yrs ago and I find it superior to all the salon brands I have tried. I've worked in salons and now solely in gyms and all my clients love the oils. For regular massage or if I use hot stones or warm bamboo or have a client with allergies I use grapeseed oil. For deep tissue work, I use the Deep muscle rub or sports massage blends. Even men don't mind it, the scents are subtle not too overpowering and so they don't mind it, and it does help for aches and pains. I also love to use the Detox oil, the scent is quite lovely and people always comment on it. The oils do not stain and I find they go a long way. Initially you could get small bottles to try and when you find the ones you like, I order in bulk (1 Litre of each) and then buy smaller aluminium bottle with the pump dispensers ( you order bottles and lids separately so you can choose) and decant. They also do skincare and haircare products and essential oils so you could mix your own things as well. I have a lot of allergies and reacted with the green salonserve oil in college very badly - severe contact dermatitis so I am wary of a lot of things, but in 3 years I have never had any problems with this brand. Their prices are very reasonable.

I also buy NYR organic pre-blended aromatherapy oils and add a few drops to grapeseed oil for aromatherapy massage. I ask clients if they would prefer a relaxing/uplifting treatment then decide which to blend. I do have a couple of the Eve Taylor facial oils but like you, I find them very intense and overpowering so I would much rather use Naturally Thinking everyday.

Thanks for those suggestions. They both look good

I use Elemis. Lasts ages as you only need a small amount.

I use Elemis. Lasts ages as you only need a small amount.

Don't you need an Elemis account?

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back