Recommendations for a swimming instructor?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bliss69

Reaction score
I have a new client who works as a swim instructor.
I applied Shellac to fingers and toes for her first service and I did warn her that the polish may not last due to over exposure to chlorine. It lasted about a week on fingers before peeling a bit longer on her toes.
She returned to have shellac mani / pedi again just before going on holiday approx 4 weeks ago and I haven't heard from her since.
The thing is she is my sons instructor so when his arm is out of its cast (another story) I will be seeing her to find out how the second application of Shellac lasted.
To get to the point if the Shellac didn't last second time around what can I suggest she try's next. I don't want to lose her as a client if I can help it.

I have a client that has a very hands on job and she struggles to keep gel polish on, but Vinylux lasts really well on her, so she has weekly Vinylux instead of two weekly gel manicure.

I use Gel II along side Shellac and my clients are getting great wear from it. I don't have any swim instructors or hairdressers as clients so I can't comment from experience but the techs on the creative beauty group Facebook page have said that their hairdressers are getting two weeks from Gel II. HTH x

I would recommend trying some Brisa Smoothing gel before Shellac. Its ideal for these types of applications

The geek is spot on with brisa

I would also suggest making sure to book her at least 24 hours or more since she was last in water. Nails swell when wet, so once product is applied they will release some of the water and then shrink back down. The product won't so the adhesion is negatively affected.

I found the same very important when booking hairdressers. Always try and do it at the end of their day off for the best chance of good adhesion.

Hope that helps

Thanks for the advise x and I am so sorry for the late response I didn't think anyone had any advise so I never bothered checking the thread as it way down the list lol
I've seen her today for the first time since my sons and she's off to Virgin Active to have her nails done with a free voucher from her friend at least she was honest.
Any ideas to how I could win her back? I wondered whether to text

Oops pressed post my mistake
I wondered whether to text her in a weeks time after her Virgin appointment and inform her of my new found knowledge regarding her nails?

Id probably just ask her how her nails went with the other place she went to first. You dont want to come across needy and desperate for her business. If she has had success with her nails, id book an appointment with them for the same treatment and see what they do differently

Yeah your right I don't want to come across as needy.
If she does have success I'll ask her how many hours after giving a class was the polish applied because I know before both her morning appointments with me she wouldn't have come out of the pool till late the previous evening.

Latest posts

Back