Recommended course please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kari123

Reaction score
Hi there I've completed a vtct beauty therapy level 2 course and also an OPI GelColour course. I am looking to further my training and want to learn how to do nail sculptures and nail art? Can anyone recommend a course as there's so many out there I don't know where to start. Do I need to learn acrylic and gel extensions before I can do sculpting? Any advice would be good thanks

Would you prefer to do specific training with a brand, or would a college course that cover extensions be good for you?

Well I've just qualified from college and doing a level 3 in sept but they don't offer just a nail course. I don't want to do one of those day courses and I think there not very good want a decent reputable company with good quality raining and good quality products. I've looked at the OPI Axxium Gel course but there's 2 and think the first one is extensions and the advanced is sculpts I'm so confused lol x

Extensions are made with tips but sculpts are also extensions. Two completely different methods. Well worth learning both. I use sculpting 90% of the time,

Im not trained in extensions, but maybe give OPI a call, they should be able to advice you on the appropriate training for what you want to achieve.

Yer it's definitely the sculpt method I'm interested in as there's so many people/shops around who offer tip extensions I want to do something a bit different. I will contact OPI tomorrow and see what they suggest. Thanks

Yer it's definitely the sculpt method I'm interested in as there's so many people/shops around who offer tip extensions I want to do something a bit different. I will contact OPI tomorrow and see what they suggest. Thanks
While I love sculpted nails and prefer the method I would never not do tip and overlays. I would say it's worth learning both methods so maybe find a brand that trains in both. Not everyone has nails that are great for sculpts and not everyone has nails great for tips both have their place in the market and if you can offer both and other salons don't it makes you unique. When I trained with CND we did both techniques in the one course. Xx

Latest posts

Back