Red heads going light

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shypurdy81

Reaction score
Hi Please can I have some advise on lightening red heads , natural red heads not tinted . I haven't had many going lighter and I know they can be very stubborn can anyone give me some tips on good products etc x

This is one girls hair she wants to go more blonde on top we going brighter copper on the ends x ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399452722.608527.jpg

:\

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Try a highlift matt or ash tint on top should knock out the warmth an lighten (as long as the top is natural hair not coloured)

One of my friends is a dark auburn (slightly lighter in summer!) and we use bleach on her and it really does take a long time to lift up! I just go in with 6% and wait! Then tone after!

I am a natural red head myself. Tint and even high lift won't touch my hair personally. Iv only ever had success with lightener and 6% and it normally takes at least 45 mins development. This obviously is dependent on the condition of your clients hair and how much lift you are trying to achieve. I am a natural base 7, lifting to a 10.
I have lightened a friends hair who is also a natural redhead (base 8) and hers has lifted lovely and clean with a Pastel peroxide, unfortunately mine just won't shift. x

I'm a natural auburn with a lot of red kicking up and I pre lighten my roots with bleach and pastel which take about 25 to 30 mins to get to a 9/0

Latest posts

Back