Red highlights help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairobsession

Reaction score
I have a client with 4'level hair colour(dye not natural). She now wants half head of red highlights.

How do I go about it with the bleach and what percent to use? Also, what toner/quasi should I use?

Thanks in advance guys

You can use a product that does both in one process, lifts and colours. These products also cut through previously coloured hair. Majicontrast is a good one.

No1 replies anymore. I would lighten wit 5vol leave on til red remove then tone with Whatever brand u use cause it only lightened to red when the toner starts fading it wil stil stay red

I would use MajiContrast like above or Magma by Wella, and they can keep the colour from fading by using one of the red conditioners you can buy, I use the Copper one from Evo

has anyone tried illusionist by scruples they have lovely reds coppers and blondes and all lift through coloured hair.

Majenta red in majicontrast definatley. ..its brilliant over dark coloured hair and no bleaching required!

Thanks guys. Majicontrast sounds good. What colour in majicontrast do u advice? And with what percent developer?

X

Majicontrast red and either 20 or 30 vol depending on how vibrant you want the highlights - fantastic product, reliable results, can't fault it :)

Thanks guys x

Magma in the wella range would help!

I would also vote magma:)

I find Magma loses its tone quicker than Majicontrast as Magma is a bleach with tone added and Majicontrast is a tint

Affinage b-red is fantastic :)

Igora Fashion Lights, L-88

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Or Redlights if you use matrix :)

I find Magma loses its tone quicker than Majicontrast as Magma is a bleach with tone added and Majicontrast is a tint

Majicontrast is a bleach and tone also Hun x

I'd use 40vol with majicontrast x

Another vote for redlights here!!

Chi infra hi lift rr or rv is amazing

Sent from my C6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

Magma /44 lifts and tones in one step. Refresh with colour touch relights /44 4%

Latest posts

Back