Red on tinted hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColourBoy

Reaction score
Hi!

Okay, so today I did this..

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1418497414.142154.jpg

Her hair before was about a level 5 with a few bits of red throughout and some brighter red already in her fringe. The colour around the red was tinted.

I used Igora L-88 with 12% for the red on the ends and flooded with a darker colour obviously but that's not relevant..anyway I was under the impression that it should have lifted more then that? Even on a tinted base?

So someone saw that photo and now wants the same.. she's a coloured base 4. So now I'm wondering, did I do something wrong with the L-88 today that meant it didn't lift as much as it should of? Or is that all the lift you can expect on tinted hair? I always thought they go really vibrant even on coloured hair.. Admittedly, I didn't use the correct developer which I really hate doing but it's all we had and I couldn't just use a normal tint obviously and didn't have time today to pre lighten then colour over! Could that have made that much of a difference? It's all I can think would have..

Carrying on... This new client that wants it has a lot of build up whereas this client didn't so I'm worried it wouldn't do anything at all, is Majicontrast better then Fashion Lights in Igora? Also I'll make sure I have the right developer this time cause I'm doing it mobile!

Sorry for the long post 🙈

Hey, i really like the fashion lights and I usually do get a lot of lift with them even on tinted bases, I've only had problems with lift when there is build up in the hair and it just can't cut through it. How long did you leave it on?

I think that's a pretty regular amount of lift tbh I wouldn't expect much more than that on tinted hair

Left it on about an hour. I don't know the guideline development time but I was doing a tint around too cause I did the red in foil.. But hmm okay! Whats your preferred lift and colour in one product?

It's hard to tell from the pic but the lift looks alright at the front but maybe could of had a bit more at the back. Did you mix it 1:1? I find it much the same as Majicontrast but I think fashion lights has better staying power.

It just depends on the build up its similar to using bleach even if u use 12% if there is a lot of build its not going to lift as well. Its the same in this case. Its a lovely colour, i like it

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Left it on about an hour. I don't know the guideline development time but I was doing a tint around too cause I did the red in foil.. But hmm okay! Whats your preferred lift and colour in one product?

My preferred is HLR in colorissimo tbh tho over tinted hair you wouldn't get much more lift with it than you got with this one, most high lift timing is around 45 mins to an hour so your development time isn't the issue, as said previous by others it's prob being affected by buildup of old colour, for a really vibrant red i just pre lighten a bit before I put the HLR on

Okay, thanks!

I just didn't wanna think that something was wrong with that, so I use 12% again tomorrow and end up with bright red 🙈 but if all what you've said is right I'll go with the 12% again!

I'd go with 12%. Let us know how you get on.

Latest posts

Back