Red red red

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danyella700

Picknmixdanni
Reaction score
Just wondering what reds you guy's find the best.
Am looking for a long lasting bright cherry red. I know the brighter colours do fade quicker!! I have found the luo colour good for lasting but want a tad brighter...dont really think the majirel reds are great!!!

Affinage is the best it doesn't fade at all

Have you tried adding red mix tone into your majirouge? So 6.66 for example, with added red mix tone might be nice?
Otherwise there is 66/46 from wella which is lovely, and I advise clients wanting that incredibly vibrant red to top it up at home with crazy colour fire red x

Yes have tried with the mix tone but not a lover!!!!
Thanks will look into affinage and wella ;)

I will always swear by Igora 6-88 with -88 mix, its deep yet bright, shiny, and vibrant!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Affinage red ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384310525.941536.jpg

Fudge reds are great, the Oz rock reds are out of this world and there is no need for base to be added !!! as for fade also great too, and they have a large range of reds too.

Manic panic. It's the bees knees.

Manic panic. It's the bees knees.

Out of interest Cass is manic panic completely PPD free as it says on the website? I have a client who's allergic but loves bright vibrant colours, would be good to know 😊

Out of interest Cass is manic panic completely PPD free as it says on the website? I have a client who's allergic but loves bright vibrant colours, would be good to know 😊

It's a vegetable based semi permanent, so I guess it would be. It's not something I've ever really thought about with them. I would recommend a skin test just to be sure. Otherwise, if you already have a base colour that you do on her, that works well for her, you could always use it in foils. The only thing is that you do need to prelighten the hair.
I used (some years ago) a 3.0 on a colleagues regrowth, and then the vampire red through sections. It worked out great. The 3.0 on the roots stop and bright red root grow. I was worried about the contrast, but it looked great.

My favorite way of doing red is L'Oreal Majirel 6.66 with Rouge Majirel mix and then slices or highlights of Majicontrast. It comes out gorgeous. :Love: And crazy colors good to refresh it inbetween. x

My favorite way of doing red is L'Oreal Majirel 6.66 with Rouge Majirel mix and then slices or highlights of Majicontrast. It comes out gorgeous. :Love: And crazy colors good to refresh it inbetween. x

This is exactly what I used to do when I was bright red! X

Latest posts

Back