Red to brown-L'Oreal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellishairbeauty

Reaction score
I have a lady who wants her red gone and to go brown. She is quite flexable and doesnt mind if the brown still has to be warm but the red is too high maintanance for her
Shes admitted to using box dyes and applying full head instead of roots but said it wasnt xxl. I took a test peice and sold her clarifying shampoo.
Test peice with a gentle bleach bath to remove product build up (bleach, shampoo, warm water) did take some of the red out leaving deep orange/lighter red (her tinted colour is probably 5.66, natural, 5.1 ish. No greys) so ive got a deep orange/lighter red..... now this is where im in 2 minds. Shall i apply a flat 5 in the hope the underlying green cancels out enough of the red or shall i apply a 5.1?? Ive been taught that .1 is blue, violet or green but noticed some people on here have disagreed on some threads. Im going to still put a warm ish colour on the virgin hair maybe 5.35 or 5.3 as there is alot of build up and she does understand that the brown may have to be warm. Ur insight will be great as i, in my own mind was going to just go ahead with 5.1 but now these threads have made me think twice xx

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Btw i didnt do the tint on the test peice as i didnt take enought hair as her hair was fine n short so when washing the bleach off i lost most of the hair down the plug!!

Do a gentle cleanse with pre-lightener and water to lift out the tone (dependant on how vibrant the current red is) if she is naturally a 5 then I would use 5 with 20vol on her regrowth. ( the 20vol will lift out some warm undertone anyway) and then a base 5 in dialight 9vol for the mid length and ends.

So u think the 5 will be enough?
Whats you opinion on 5.1 please? Would you of not used 5.1 in this situation as u class this as blue/violet ??

And thank u for your reply

5.1 in loreal is blue ash and I'd only use it if I wanted to neutralise the undertone for a flat base 5 (or I would just use 10vol) but in this case you can work with the undertone to produce a warm reflect by using 20vol to lift it very slightly. Your mid lengths and ends will already be warm so again I would use a flat base 5 in dialight

Oh and if you do decide to cleanse I would use a porosity equalizer before applying dialight

Spot on dondon.
Thank u x

No problemo! x

Wont let me upload the pic all went really well. Xx

Good to hear! X

Latest posts

Back