red what colour would you use

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparklekelly

Reaction score
hi there everyone i am fighting a battle with reds.i ahve tried everything but they never seem to last or be as intense as they are ment to be can any one help me by recommending a brand and colour for me to try i have used lloreal,rusk i do like wella but i dont have much confidence in it as not used it much.

Last edited:
I use loreal majirouge and if the client wants it reder I liven it up with a squirt of majirel mix rouge.

Or for fashion red I use crazy colour fire.

Hths

thanks for your reply what peroxide do you use???? would you recommened add a bit of base in to make it last abit longer x

My daughter uses affinage b-red range, the red is very vibrant, she also uses the b-red refresher once a week.

debbie x

wow i have never heard of them ummmmmmmm intresting ca you get the colours from sallys do you no ?? thank you

Hey I'm not a hair dresser but I do my own hair a's I have it very red, I use majicontrast red with 6% and to freshen up sfx range which is vegetable based, really good colours. My brother uses the blue and green in that range and they are so vibrant and last really well.

Hey I'm not a hair dresser but I do my own hair a's I have it very red, I use majicontrast red with 6% and to freshen up sfx range which is vegetable based, really good colours. My brother uses the blue and green in that range and they are so vibrant and last really well.

sfx wow ok looks like i amy be having red hair for a bit to test out these colours thank you.were do you get sfx from thank you xxx

thank you iv ordered it now xx

I usualy use 6%. Depends which majirouge and the client as to whether i put base in or not. But get really good results with 6.66 and rouge.

You don't use peroxide for crazy colour, but I've found it lasts really well on most people.

yeah i normally use 6.66 i find that on some clients it fade very quick on the ends ao i normally doo 6.66 then was it off dry then reply with the rouge mix on tip to keep it in longer.but this takes time and when your mobile well you no was just seein what other people thought about the reds.but yes i do love lloreal.thank you so much for your help it is great to make sure i was doin it right

yeah i normally use 6.66 i find that on some clients it fade very quick on the ends ao i normally doo 6.66 then was it off dry then reply with the rouge mix on tip to keep it in longer.but this takes time and when your mobile well you no was just seein what other people thought about the reds.but yes i do love lloreal.thank you so much for your help it is great to make sure i was doin it right

I mix the majimix in with my colour, not on the ends afterwards. But red colours fade fast it's a fact, I think when doing red you've got to explain that to the clients.

Let us know how you get on with the other colours.

My daughter uses affinage b-red range, the red is very vibrant, she also uses the b-red refresher once a week.

debbie x

B=Red is the best red I have ever found!
I've tried PM, MajiRouje, Koleston, and a few others.

Since I had previous colour build up on my hair when I used it,
I used 40vol on my ends and 20vol on my roots.
Then when it needed re-doing 6weeks later, I used 20vol all over, for refreshment :D
And inbetween, I used Fudge Hot Chilli (semi permanent) - I loved it

I know a girl who has a natural hair color of around base 3 to 4
She has these amazing vibrant red streaks through her fringe. They have remained vibrant for weeks and she tells me that her hairdresser friend uses L'oreal Majicontrast Magenta red. She also tells me that you don't have to prelighten the hair either. I was quite amazed at how vibrant it looks.

I have used Igora Royal fashion + color 100-88 with good results.
But what works for one person may not necessarily work on another, especially when reds are concerened. They are notorious for their fading abilities. This is because the red pigment molecules are so large that they have trouble getting in and staying in the hair cortex for long periods of time.

Latest posts

Back