Redken Blonde Idol base breaker

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsparker78

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience using this? I know they have clear and cool. I'm doing a young lady's hair, level 7 natural with a very few balyage pieces grown out. I was thinking if using the blonde idol to brighten her base, then balyage to add more dimension. I was thinking of using the cool with 3% at the heat band, then 6% through the mids and ends. Just wanted to see if that sounds right for anyone who is familiar.

Last edited:
Let me know how you get on ok. I've read loads about these.

Will do. She's scheduled a week from Sat. I'm thinking of mixing the cool and the clear.

Will do. She's scheduled a week from Sat. I'm thinking of mixing the cool and the clear.
I don't know if this is any help but April 101 You tube has just used blonde idol on her latest video .

Thanks, I watched it. I'm a fan too.

Just went back and rewatchef. I couldn't really get much of a sense of how the base breaker worked honesty. Guy Tangs video where he uses it shows more. There is another video where a "stylist" uses the product incorrectly. That didn't do me much good.

Just went back and rewatchef. I couldn't really get much of a sense of how the base breaker worked honesty. Guy Tangs video where he uses it shows more. There is another video where a "stylist" uses the product incorrectly. That didn't do me much good.

Thatblondegirlmandie

That's why she wasn't suggested,haha.

I love how she hates using bleach on regrowth as 'it's soooo damaging' so doesn't put it right to the root and talks and talks and talks..... Then talks some more! I'm sure she's lovely but man can she talk!

I hate her. I hate the yellow glowy regrowth with white ends.

Creating a shadow at the root is one thing, but the shadow shood look cool if the ends are white!

That's why she wasn't suggested,haha.

That in no way was meant as a knock to you. I really appreciated your comment. I love watching April101.

April101 is great too. Any other recommendations on YouTube guyS?

Candy Shaw. There's not a lot on youtube, just enough to make me want to buy a dvd.

Free Salon Education, but you all know that.

Seen Candy Shaw and Free Salon!! So funny we all watch the same ones.

It is! I wonder abou Shaw's Ballybox. She seems to be a Wella girl, seems awfully close to Freelights doesn't it? "Sunlights". Anyway, notice how Redken came out with the cream oil lightener? Anyone remember the olaplex video app and the clairol creme lightner with 30 volume on scalp?

Ewwwww the one which was electric yellow?

Omg small world I watch them 4 too [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Latest posts

Back