Reducing the smell with L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxclairexx

Reaction score
Hi, I am currently trained in IBD Gel Nails and am just doing my L&P Foundation with Young Nails which I am really enjoying.

I was just wondering if there are any helpful tips, advice that you more expereinced technicians can give me to help reduce the smell when doing a set of nails. I work mobile so I need small but effective tips.

I know there was a thread on here about helpful advice for nail technicians where there was some tips and advice but I can not find it.

Any help would be great.

Claire xx

Remember to tell your clients the smell is caused by vapours not fumes so not harmful.

Put a small amount of scrubfresh or something similar from your system on a nail wipe,keep it about a foot away from you so you dont dip your wrist onto it. If you have to wipe your brush do it on this it reduces the odour by about 50%

Always put the lid on your dappen dish when you are not using it

Only pour out the minimum amount of monomer you need for that client and when finished dispose of on paper towel and place in a metal bin with a lid

Put your cleaned brush away in its box or flat in you desk drawer

That's all I can think of of the top of my head. hth's:hug:

Good luck on your course

Thank you very much for that reply, I knew there were some tips that I had seen but couldn't find them anywhere, they will come in very helpful.

Claire xx

heya
i know that OPI have a L&P called 'Clarite' odour and track free.
its worth having a look at it if you working mobile. i havent used it but i have heard good things lenawhite.co.uk
hope this helps x

I am not always cconfident about the odorless L&P systems- they don't tend to cure the same way, and you are more in contact with uncured product than with traditional systems. And just because you can't smell it, doesn't mean there are no vapors to ingest!
There are plenty of ways to use your product properly, hence keeping odors reduced. The suggestions Della offered are all FANTASTIC and should be paid attention to :)

Latest posts

Back