Refectocil causing clients discomfort

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LieLash

Reaction score
Last summer I changed from salon systems tint to rectocil - rectocil definitely gives a better finish but all of my clients are complaining that it burns something I never had with salon systems tint.
Im not doing anything different and it's in date but don't want to have my clients in discomfort.
Any body else had this or can recommend another good tint that doesn't sting/burn?

Hi I used combinol and that is quite good, never had anyone's eyes stinging from reflextocil could you be putting too much developer in and it's making it runny ? Xx

Hi I used combinol and that is quite good, never had anyone's eyes stinging from reflextocil could you be putting too much developer in and it's making it runny ? Xx

I'm putting 4/5 drops in so it's not runny, but a nice paste so I don't know :(

I've had the same problem with reflectocil and clients having discomfort when doing lash tints I noticed someone on here suggested using the creme developer so I've ordered that to try to see if it makes a difference.

I have had this problem too, even with the cream developer. It stings after seconds and it happened on all my clients so I am back to beauty express tint and no problems since.

Combinol is brilliant! Used it for years and never had any issues:) X

Has anyone phoned Refectocil customer care to report this? I just wondered what their response would be...

I've used Salon System and Combinol with no problems. Refectocil seem to do a lot of colours but are they all necessary? I'm not sure I'd need much more than grey, brown, black and blue?

I use refectocil and never had any problems with it ,it's the best tint I've ever used .

I use Refectocil pretty much two or three times a day on clients, and have done for a number of years, and haven't experienced this stinging. I use the creme developer for eyelash tints and the liquid for brow tints.

Has anyone phoned Refectocil customer care to report this? I just wondered what their response would be...

I've used Salon System and Combinol with no problems. Refectocil seem to do a lot of colours but are they all necessary? I'm not sure I'd need much more than grey, brown, black and blue?

I also use Refectocil and not had any clients experience any discomfort.

Regarding colours, I have a client who likes me to use the Chestnut and for clients who only want a little colour boost on their brows I use the Light Brown, which is suitable for red/very blonde hair.

I stand corrected :biggrin:

Maybe I should try the light brown, I'm virtually an albino :rolleyes:

The Light brown is nice it doesn't give a "redish/ginger" tinge that sometimes the browns can give when over very pale brows. :)

Have you tried using cut cotton wool disks, instead of paper protectors?? I've never found anyway saying it stings on the eyes, but I've had a client recently who's eyebrows have suffered!
Has anyone found a tint that's better after client has reacted?

How long u leave the tint on brows ? I have noticed it does not dye completely in 5 mins.. have to leave bit longer
Also what shades you use for dark brown? Mix light and medium brown? My clients insist sometimes to mix brown n black which end up having black eyebrows even though its just a tiny drop of black.
Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use it and do have a few clients who say it stings a little but not too bad. I do find it stings quite a bit when I have mine done but I have quite sensitive eyes. I have salon system as a back up if clients wish but it gives such a better result especially with eyelash tint that clients love it x

I have just changed from refectocil to belmacil. It's lovely. It's abit more expensive but you get a nicer finish and better colour I find. Hope this helps. X

Latest posts

Back