Refectocil & patch testing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

libbylou

Reaction score
Hi ,
i have used refectocil tints for a long time with no problem, BUT the patch testing for every single application is starting to cause a drop in sales.We always used to patch test every 6 months or if the formula changed etc. Does anyone know any brands that do not require patch testing before every application (i dont mean not all , just the old way new clients and every 6 months).I have seen a 70% drop in eyebrow tinting, as clients just cant be bothered to patch test 48 hrs before every single treatment. I have checked with our insurers and they say we must follow manufacturers instructions, and it must the product we are going to use, so colourstart etc are out of the question. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions. thank you.

It's very frustrating .. as well as Refectocil I use Salon Professional and they do not require testing before each treatment.

That particular supplier instruction is ridiculous and irritates me to the point of distraction.

It's very frustrating .. as well as Refectocil I use Salon Professional and they do not require testing before each treatment.

That particular supplier instruction is ridiculous and irritates me to the point of distraction.

Oh I'm just about to replenish my Refectocil and didn't realise they'd changed this instructions! What is the Salon Professional tint like? Is that from Sally's?

I will def try salon professional thank you so much, it is costing me loads as clients can not be bothered with the hassle every single time . x

Can I ask where you found the information that Refectocil needs to be patch tested every application? I don't know how I have missed this.
Where do I find the updated information like this?

Can I ask where you found the information that Refectocil needs to be patch tested every application? I don't know how I have missed this.
Where do I find the updated information like this?

It's stated on the leaflet that comes in the box.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh I'm just about to replenish my Refectocil and didn't realise they'd changed this instructions! What is the Salon Professional tint like? Is that from Sally's?

I get mine from Capital.

I actually prefer it to Refectocil as it works quicker.

It's stated on the leaflet that comes in the box.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well that's strange because on the leaflet that I have it doesn't say anything about patch testing at all.

I will get out the magnifying glass and have another look, how bizarre!

It is def on there and it states it on the website to.

I've just found this on the Refectocil website -

For professional use only. Avoid contact with eyes. We recommend carrying out a skin sensitivity test before application.

Does that wording mean you MUST patch test before EVERY application?? I think that statement is open to interpretation!

Last edited:
No if you go into the tips and hints it states " refectocil strongly recommends a skin test prior to every application" i can not seem to add a link on here , but i will upload my instructions when i get to work in morn.

I did quote their website above - here is the link :: RefectoCil ::

Note that it recommends a test only in reference to the brow lightening paste!

Yes, I saw that too. I have to say that I find it quite confusing. I also read the site in German and there is no reference to patch testing there either.

I no longer have my box leaflet to check but I wonder if they've quietly updated them since you bought yours? If not then I don't see any reason for patch testing prior to every application. But I agree, very confusing!

I no longer have my box leaflet to check but I wonder if they've quietly updated them since you bought yours?

I bought mine about two months ago.

Latest posts

Back