Reflexology

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyNina

Reaction score
Has anybody done the 2 day reflexology course at The Carlton Institute? Also did you top it up with the VRQ accreditation?

People who are qualified in reflexology are you busy with the treatment?

I would be grateful of your views :) X

I took a year long reflexology course and I honestly don't know how it's possible to learn this complex treatment in 2 days. I don't know about this particular course but even so my suggestion would be to steer clear and find a more comprehensive course.

Having said that, I've offered it for 14 years and can honestly say it's now one of my least popular treatments.

I also completed a year long course for Reflexology...there is so much theory behind the massage and the routine itself needs a lot of practice to be confident.i wouldn't recommend a short course in reflexology,there is too much information to learn that could never be taught in two days.

Agree with the above, but it is one of my most popular treatments!

Vicki x

I agree too, mine was a year long and there is so much information involved, I don't think you could learn it in just 2 days. Its one of my popular treatments.

I don't offer it but I'm a client. My reflexologist is a holistic therapist, all she offers is reflexology and crystal therapy. I've had reflexology by a beauty therapist and reflexology by a holistic therapist, both were completely different. I prefer the holistic therapist, she studied for a lot longer than 2 days xx

I don't offer it but I'm a client. My reflexologist is a holistic therapist, all she offers is reflexology and crystal therapy. I've had reflexology by a beauty therapist and reflexology by a holistic therapist, both were completely different. I prefer the holistic therapist, she studied for a lot longer than 2 days xx

I too did the holistic route..it teaches you anatomy and physiology alongside what the feet indicate about your emotional self.i found this to be so interesting and made me really eager to learn more!

The training in Reflexology can vary greatly. The difference between a holistic therapist and a beauty therapist may simply be that they have both started out as holistic therapists and the beauty therapist went on to train in beauty.

I have had a lot of Reflexology treatments - it is one of my faves, and the difference between therapists is huge, as is the difference in treatments and training. If you want to do it well, I really don't think a 2 day course will prepare you for treating the hugely diverse clients I get for this treatment - cancer patients, fertility issues, IBS, depression, sinus problems etc etc.

If you want to do it, I really recommend a minimum 1 year course!

Vicki x

I am confident in reflexology and I love the response and feedback that I get from a satisfied client (I was often getting tips, requests and thank you letters with it when working in spas). I would say that the routine learned to pass this course at vtct level three is fairly simple and repetitive and that there is a lot that can be learnt through further reading and studying foot maps in your own time.

If you have already done the vtct a and p qualification (either separately or as part of something else) then the course at the carlton institute could be an option but if you are left to do that on your own as it's your first time then that would probably be unnecessarily difficult.

I did my reflexology training at level 2 complimentary therapies over three months and then the level 3 reflexology diploma Sept to Jan in a group of three people who attended college for one day per week over that time. It is probably one of my strongest treatments because I am very into it.

I did my nvq 2 beauty with the carlton institute and it does what it says on the tin but I didn't find them all that helpful in that you have to pay for every minute of their time for help beyond what you've already paid for (I had to pay another 100 because I needed more assessment time). So as a company I personally don't like their attitude but they do what they say on the tin.

I'm not saying don't go with them but there is definitely better.

Hi, i actually did the 2 day course with TCI in Cardiff. It was a great introduction to the treatment. 2 days was definitely too short for me to feel confident in it, but i knew it would just be an intro before i went on the course.

If u just want to see what its like i recommend the course, but then go onto more advanced training to further your knowledge and skills. Its very interesting what you do learn in the 2 days :)

Thank you all very much for your replies. I am trained in level 3 massage (level 2 beauty) so I'm not completely new to the anatomy and physiology- but I agree that 2 days does not sound long enough to learn such a complex treatment. interesting that some are you are not so busy and for others it's there most popular treatment. I guess it depends on your clients demand etc. Can anyone recommend a good company to train with? Many thanks xxx

You can't go far wrong with a year long evening course at a local college. A lot of them don't start until September but it can be less of a gamble. Sorry I can't recommend anywhere near you!

Where are you based? If you're serious about practising Reflexology- and I do think its a treatment you can easily become a bit obsessed with!- I'd recommend searching on the Association of Reflexologists website for recommended training.
Once you're qualified you can then register with them.
I studied with Orchid Indulgence in Stockport- it was hard work and over 100 case studies, but I love the treatment and have had lots of new clients via recommendations.

Good Luck!!

I live near Bath. I think it will be a great add on treatment to offer, I have had several clients asking me for it. I will check out Bath college and do a search for local schools

I live near Bath. I think it will be a great add on treatment to offer, I have had several clients asking me for it. I will check out Bath college and do a search for local schools

Hi BeautyNina, did you have any success in finding a local course? I am near Bath too, and struggling to find one!

Latest posts

Back