Refreshment serving ideas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdoei0410

Reaction score
Hi all, currently setting up at home beauty cabin and wondering what ways you serve refreshments/biscuits etc.. any fancy bottles/glasses etc on plates maybe ? Can I see photos if possible need inspiration.. don’t want to just serve water in a glass [emoji38]

None, I want their hands on the desk at all times, picking up food/drinks etc is a recipe for disaster. You also run the risk of ingesting dust/debris/etc.

Same.
I used to have one client who treated her service as a picnic, seriously she would pull all this food out of her bag.
I would stop doing her service and wait for her to finish eating....... she soon got the hint.

I've found that clients decline biscuits so I don't offer them now (unless they come in looking stressed and starving)
I have been using a tassimo pod machine for a year now which is great and I can offer a much wider range of drinks. Quick to make and frothy coffee looks more impressive.
Tea and black coffee is about 25p per cup and a White latte or hot chocolate about 50 p.
Still serve lots of water though with ice and lemon slice

Edit: - just to clarify - the costs I've stated above are what it costs me to provide the drinks - I don't charge clients extra.

Last edited:
Trinity is right about clients messing with things when having their nails done . Some peopla are such fidgets, keep touching their hair.get fibres from their clothes....so very annoying. Wish they would just pay attention , because we will end up having to put the nails right.

Pedicures are a good chance for clients to have a drink offered without wrecking our work.

I think that serving herbal tea, tea or coffee in delicate china cups using mis -matched cups and saucers will appeal. Doesn't have to be expensive if you dont want to charge them. I don't, but I think CFBS has a good idea.

All the best

Same.
I used to have one client who treated her service as a picnic, seriously she would pull all this food out of her bag.
I would stop doing her service and wait for her to finish eating....... she soon got the hint.

Yes I have had one or two of those clients, dropping crumbs on my floor, or occasionally brought children with them - without asking me first.
I point out that I have no insurance to cover minors and it just washes over their head!!
They brought crisps of all things , made a mess and I was fuming.
That was a while ago, when I was shy and didn't want to say anything...... I got the vacuum cleaner out whilst they were still with me and she got the message. We live and learn ha ha .

Edit to my post above:
- just to clarify - the costs I've stated above are what it costs me to provide the drinks - I don't charge clients extra.

Latest posts

Back