Refreshments in the salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We sometimes offer a glass of Prosecco or Cava on our late night fridays or late afternoon saturdays, most clients accept.

Maybe I'll come visit your salon on a Friday night ;-) xx

Maybe I'll come visit your salon on a Friday night ;-) xx

I'll supply the drinks if you do the nails! I've seen your work, and I cant compete with that!

Yet. x

JoJo,
How you doing lovely! X

At the moment I offer Coffee,Tea including herbal, i offer milk or soya milk with these too as some clients have intolerances, fruit juice, iced water with lemon or lime, but if a clients coming in for the full works, then I offer a glass of cava with a tiny shot of grenadine in the bottom, looks like they are getting pink champagne then :)

I'll supply the drinks if you do the nails! I've seen your work, and I cant compete with that!

Yet. x

If you supply me with drinks I can't say my nails would be up to scratch 😬 lol xx

JoJo,
How you doing lovely! X

At the moment I offer Coffee,Tea including herbal, i offer milk or soya milk with these too as some clients have intolerances, fruit juice, iced water with lemon or lime, but if a clients coming in for the full works, then I offer a glass of cava with a tiny shot of grenadine in the bottom, looks like they are getting pink champagne then :)

Hi :) I'm great thank you. Hope you are too! Wow sounds lovely. I love the idea of pink champers!!! xx

Its a really nice touch and very friendly to give clients a drink or biscuit and they mostly appreciate it:)

I have a keurig platinum and absolutely love it!! I offer reg coffee, flavored coffee, hot chocolate and apple cider. To save money don't bother getting teas in the pods, just run the hot water through a normal cycle and use a regular tea bag works a treat! Clients love that they can come in choose what they want and it's ready in 30secs.

The trick with the pods is to find a website that sells them bulk. I found one near me and their so much cheaper in bulk. Instead of around £1 a pod they come to around 30p a piece! Defo look around it will save you a bunch

I just do nails from home. I used to offer tea, coffee, sweets, biscuits etc. But found

A. I have to find time to make it.
B. they have to find time to drink it
C. Food and beverages are not hygienic at the nail table
D. Clients are often on a diet and so food often isn't wanted
E. I decided I'm not running a cafe, I'm providing a nail service.
F. My supplies never lasted anyway with 3 men in my house !!!

So I decided to drop it all. I have lots of customers all the time, and indeed they expect to come to get Thier nails done... not come to stuff thier faces !

:eek:
I gotta agree with this one - for any sort of manis I can't see it even though I'd like to offer something nice. Also for lashes - there's no way they could have a drink lol But I will offer organic drinks and biscuits with my organic pedi :)

The home made cordials sound beautiful!! xx
I think that's the way to go - no investment in any expensive equipment, just something nice and unique :) I was thinking of making ice cubes with flowers in them for cold drinks in a summer i.ex. still water with lemon and mint - I would also put fresh flowers in the foot bath so it would work nice (I hope)
Making your own flower and herb ice cubes | The Foodie Bugle

hi all - i have just opened my salon last week - and im obsessed with multiple choice - lol - i have cups and saucers from ikea which i have tea coffee, nescafe cappuccino, aero hot chocolate (which is powdered - which i get from makro ) works out about 20p per cup - but out of those i can add milk and make latte or mix both to become a mocha, which is served with the individually wrapped caramelised biscuits (also from makro - pence each) then we have herbal teas served in glass cup and saucers also from ikea. we have flavoured waters sparkling which are the small bottles from morrisons so they dont go flat, and fruit juice - I dont buy in bulk so things dont go off.

everyone always comments on how lovely those little extras are, a little goes a long way xxxx

All sound fabulous thank you for your replies ladies. Those of you who offer herbal teas, which flavours would you say are the most popular? x

Jojo you can buy little boxes of mixed flavours of the twinings teas in Tesco for a couple of pounds. I did that to see what were the most popular. The apple and cinnamon (think that's what it was definitely had cinnamon in it) were very popular. Xx

Thank you for your reply :) xx

Just noticed the nespresso machine is on offer in Tesco too, had to rush put to buy my daughter a new bottle for her lunch box, forgot I'd thrown old one out!

Just noticed the nespresso machine is on offer in Tesco too, had to rush put to buy my daughter a new bottle for her lunch box, forgot I'd thrown old one out!

Do you know if they sell the capsules there too?

Just be careful offering alcohol. My sister owns a hair salon & used to offer wine alongside tea, coffee etc until the licencing people came in. They said that although she wasn't selling it the cost of the wine would have been included when costing treatments. She argued that a treatment costs exactly the same whether they had a wine, 3 coffees, glass of water or nothing at all. But they said if she continued she would have to get a licence!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for that info, Sallyyummymummy. We dont have it on a drinks menu or anything, so I dont see how they can oppose. That said, nothing surprises me these days.
What if the client brought it in herself? We could put up a BYO notice like some restaurants do.

Just be careful offering alcohol. My sister owns a hair salon & used to offer wine alongside tea, coffee etc until the licencing people came in. They said that although she wasn't selling it the cost of the wine would have been included when costing treatments. She argued that a treatment costs exactly the same whether they had a wine, 3 coffees, glass of water or nothing at all. But they said if she continued she would have to get a licence!!!

Whatever next!! x

Ridiculous isn't it. If the client brings it themselves then I think thats fine. We do pamper parties & there is always wine on the go that the ladies bring with them!

You'd think surly if you're not charging for the wine/fizz whatever it wouldn't be a problem. xx

You'll have to bring your own wine, Jojo. But hey, I'll supply the gels!

Latest posts

Back