Refreshments in the salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jojo@salongeek

Reaction score
What refreshments do you offer in the salon? I really would love one of those drinks makers where you add the little capsules & clients could potentially make their own drinks. I wouldn't charge for drinks. Thought about offering fresh juice too. Would be interested to hear your ideas. I also like the idea of having little cup & saucer with biscuit on the side. Hair salon I visit always get your own tray with cup & saucer on & a seasonal cake/biscuit. Summer I got cream bun with fresh strawberry on top, Xmas mince pie etc.
does anyone have any experience on those little drink making machines, they aren't that expensive to buy but the little capsules are :-/ xx

I'm freelance just now so I don't offer drinks,

But in the salon we had a machine where the client could help them-self it was the kind you put all the powder inside not capsules.

I had the capsule kind at home but the novelty wore off and gave it away,
But do think it would be good in small salon the pods are expensive but you can buy them in bulk,
Or you could do filter coffee and get hot water machine and a few different teas that would be cheaper to sustain.
I like the idea of clients helping themselves if you have the space a little cake tin with fresh homemade cakes,

These little touches are nice and appreciated.

I am putting something in my cabin, it's going to be shabby chic so prob do teas, scones , little cups n saucers ...that kind of thing I think prob keep it simple with just hot water and a selection of tea bags, coffees xxx

Thanks for your replies ladies. I will defo do the flavoured teas I love that idea. I'm going to look into the drinks machine.
Mine too will be shabby chic/vintage I love all that stuff & thought about a cake stand with wrapped biscuits x

I have thought about getting a drinks machine for my home salon, but then wonder whether I'd have time to make the drink for the client & more importantly whether they'd have time to drink it... I mainly do nails, lashes, brows etc so not really treatments where clients can have a drink? x

I have thought about getting a drinks machine for my home salon, but then wonder whether I'd have time to make the drink for the client & more importantly whether they'd have time to drink it... I mainly do nails, lashes, brows etc so not really treatments where clients can have a drink? x

Do your nail ladies not have a drink? xx

In my home salon I always offer ladies a drink. Tea (regular, green or fruit) coffee (fresh) water (regular, sparkling or fruity). All have a little wrapped biscuit on the side. I make it myself (or mum does if she is visiting :). If they are having a removal I use wraps so they can still use their hands otherwise picking a glass or cup up has not caused problems when I've been prep or peping a hand
Vicki x

Dream Nails by Victoria

Beware of the costs of these refreshments, especially if you are offering fresh juices and cakes. Juice, once opened, must be consumed within days, so that will turn out quite costly if you have quiet days.
I would start out small, you can always increase your menu when you get going.

Do your nail ladies not have a drink? xx

Nope, as soon as they arrive they're wrapped up with their hands under a heated wheat bag for removal of product, then their hands are in a lamp or in my hand as I'm applying product... My nan sometimes has a cup of tea but 90% of the time it's cold by the time she gets to drink it at the end of her treatment! x

Beware of the costs of these refreshments, especially if you are offering fresh juices and cakes. Juice, once opened, must be consumed within days, so that will turn out quite costly if you have quiet days.
I would start out small, you can always increase your menu when you get going.

I'm home based at the moment & have been for almost 2 years so not just starting out. The fresh juice could always come home with me & my son can drink it. I know the drinks machine may be expensive, I just need to have a good look into it. I like little touches like refreshments, couldn't imagine not offering a drink when your sometimes sat in the chair 2 hours xx

I'm home based at the moment & have been for almost 2 years so not just starting out. The fresh juice could always come home with me & my son can drink it. I know the drinks machine may be expensive, I just need to have a good look into it. I like little touches like refreshments, couldn't imagine not offering a drink when your sometimes sat in the chair 2 hours xx

Sorry Jojo, I think I might have mistaken you for another poster, hence my comment about starting out.
I think that as long as refreshments are nicely served, its not so important to have a lot of choice. Lovely glasses and a slice of lemon or lime (cut into wedges/slices and frozen, always on hand and less waste) and a pretty tea cup (find them in charity shops) rather than a large selection of teas, fresh milk rather than longlife pots. This can all make a difference without being too expensive.
The salon when I am offer tea, coffee, water and a biscuit on a small tray, always nicley presented.
At home, I have a nesspresso machine which I wouldn't be without, but I love strong coffee! I dont think any of my clients would drink it though, it would be too stong for them.

What do you offer at the moment?

Sorry Jojo, I think I might have mistaken you for another poster, hence my comment about starting out.
I think that as long as refreshments are nicely served, its not so important to have a lot of choice. Lovely glasses and a slice of lemon or lime (cut into wedges/slices and frozen, always on hand and less waste) and a pretty tea cup (find them in charity shops) rather than a large selection of teas, fresh milk rather than longlife pots. This can all make a difference without being too expensive.
The salon when I am offer tea, coffee, water and a biscuit on a small tray, always nicley presented.
At home, I have a nesspresso machine which I wouldn't be without, but I love strong coffee! I dont think any of my clients would drink it though, it would be too stong for them.

What do you offer at the moment?

Ah your ok I am re-locating :) at the moment I offer tea & coffee in nice pretty cups along with fresh juice (if iv got it in) & water. I just wanted something new & a few fresh ideas to take into my new salon. Love your idea of slice of fruit on the side. I wonder if there are any cheaper drinks machines where the capsules aren't as expensive. I do have a wholesalers card & if I remover right they do sell them there! xx

I do hair extensions from home (and mobile of required but prefer to do it at home) I offer tea, coffee, herbal tea, water, flavoured water or fresh juice, I also have cans of pop in if they don't like anything. It's all things I drink so I don't mind keeping a stock in as I have to anyway for me and it will get used up. However if I'm doing it in the evening I may offer a glass of Buck's Fizz, just get it from Morris for less then £3 a bottle. I then do little caramelised biscuits you can In wrappers which can be picked up from morrisons again. If its lunch I may offer them a sandwich or a snack like a scone or something. I always have various drinks and foods in for myself so it doesn't bother me doing this. And because its hair extensions they can be with me for hours. If they're having tea I'll use a tea pot and a cup and saucer and a little jug of milk and I bought some sugar sticks, for coffee I use proper coffee and got a little caffitiere. Got some nice glasses and a few champers glasses I managed to pick up a lot of bits from local charity shops do its all vintage looking and chic :) xxxx

Asda have some really nice fruit smoothies for £1, not sure if this is a seasonal product. They have a good date on them and I'm sure your son will love them too if you have any left over!

I also made some iced tea when the weather was hot and everyone loved it!

Last edited:
I have filtered water with lime and lemon in, home made shortbread (especially after body treatments), fresh coffee in a cafetiere, all sort of teas and a lady in the next village makes organic fruit cordials so I use hers. She makes one with Rosehip and its great as that's the main ingredient in my anti ageing facial so its perfect for afterwards.

I have the luxury of working from a b+b so we have all this stuff in anyway for guests

I just do nails from home. I used to offer tea, coffee, sweets, biscuits etc. But found

A. I have to find time to make it.
B. they have to find time to drink it
C. Food and beverages are not hygienic at the nail table
D. Clients are often on a diet and so food often isn't wanted
E. I decided I'm not running a cafe, I'm providing a nail service.
F. My supplies never lasted anyway with 3 men in my house !!!

So I decided to drop it all. I have lots of customers all the time, and indeed they expect to come to get Thier nails done... not come to stuff thier faces !

:eek:

I hardly think they would be stuffing their faces with 1 small biscuit 😳 lol. I would feel bad not offering someone a drink!! The home made cordials sound beautiful!! xx

I hardly think they would be stuffing their faces with 1 small biscuit 😳 lol. I would feel bad not offering someone a drink!! The home made cordials sound beautiful!! xx

I know,I meant to make it sound more light hearted than It did. I would like to offer small cocktails at Christmas time, but I feel it would be refused as everyone would say they are driving !!! :zzz:

We sometimes offer a glass of Prosecco or Cava on our late night fridays or late afternoon saturdays, most clients accept.

We sometimes offer a glass of Prosecco or Cava on our late night fridays or late afternoon saturdays, most clients accept.

maybe i will try it :lol:

Latest posts

Back