Refund after client has put a box colour over highlights?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OffTheHead

Reaction score
Hi guys..... sorry it's a late thread but I need alittle hair advice ✂️....... how do I go about dealing with a client that has gone away with a full head of highlights from my salon only to go and put a brown box colour on her hair then return and say she wasn't happy with the highlights and what's her money back? ....she was a new client in my salon on Tuesday .... beautiful full head foils ..... she was pleased when she left .... then returned today, Thursday with photos of bits of yellow of a highlighted head (it could have been someone else's head on photo ) saying she didn't like it so chose to colour it brown (box) .... and demands her money back! I was out of salon on business so my senior stylist asked her to return tomorrow (Friday) ... I'm not too sure what to do .... it was a lot of work & expense on my behalf. Any advice would be much appreciated ... thanks, lisa ✂️

I would love to see what other people suggest, I wouldn't give someone a refund if they've given you no chance no correct it.

It's no longer your work, you can't judge it or offer a solution because she has already done something so drastic.

I'd ask her what she actually wants to achieve from her hair, because you highlighted it and now she has coloured it back to brown, so maybe she just didn't like the change. Once you've found this out I would offer her advice on how to get there. If she wants to stay brunette she will need semis and a colour care shampoo and conditioner as it's been bleached underneath.

I think you need to get a policy in place for when things like this happen, same as me! Hope it all goes ok!

Thank you so much for the prompt reply....... I will let you know the outcome later today ... lisa✂️✂️

Ha ha ha, she’s having a laugh. She’s made a mess and now needs money to pay to get it fixed.

I like @jamiereid92 ’s style. ;)

Point out that you gave her what she asked for and if she’d returned saying she wasn’t sure about the colour, you would have done your best to find a solution. Unfortunately, as she’s put a box colour on and returned demanding a refund, she’s lost any goodwill.

Advise her what she’ll need to do to keep the brown colour looking fresh. Retail her some coloured conditioners and shampoo for coloured hair. Explain it will go khaki green as it fades as it’s a colour correction that’s not been done properly.

Omg. The cheek of some people! A definitely no no to a refund as it now isn’t your work that needs to be put right. She should of come back if she wasn’t happy with the outcome not go and put a box dye over the top. It now becomes her problem not yours. I personally wouldn’t touch it now as she’s never going to be happy with what ever you do. I’ve had a client similar to this years ago. You have to stop here other wise it goes on and on. Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

Absolutely no way- your complaints procedure is to look at the hair and offer to rectify, as she has taken away this opportunity then you can no longer do anything

I’m with AcidPerm on this one... no way would I be refunding her now xx

No way ,if she left happy then decided she didn’t like them and decided to put a box colour on and only then asking for a refund then no ,, as she gave you no chance to fix what she wasn’t happy with

Latest posts

Back