Regular polish query

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rima Shah

Reaction score
Hi all - as mentioned by many of you and my trainer, when doing shellac polish we must carry out a dry manicure to ensure that cuticles are pushed back etc which i am doing. I would like to know if we are doing regular polish on someone, the process isn't to push back cuticles unless they ask for manicure. Can you advise ur approach and what do you do if someone has some cuticle and they want regular polish?

When I have been to get my nails done and had regular polish they have used the electric file to remove cuticles (no manicure) which I won't be using so any help would be appreciated x

Last edited:
Your clients must for for a manicure then. It’s very simple

However most people are stingy and don’t want to think they paying for a mani so I now do not offer just a gel polish it has to be with a manicure or pedicure.
Solves the issue

Your clients must for for a manicure then. It’s very simple

However most people are stingy and don’t want to think they paying for a mani so I now do not offer just a gel polish it has to be with a manicure or pedicure.
Solves the issue

Thanks - I do the same for gel polish but my concern lies with regular polish. When I have been to the Vietnamese places they use the e file to take away cuticle for regular polish which I don't do so would you suggest that I am just honest with my customers if they need a manicure?

I would be yes , I find some clients have often In the past come for a full pedicure and then asked to pay for a shape and paint but they really have terrible conditions of their nails which I just say their paint would look as best as I can but if the has a manicure it would last and look a lot nicer .

Latest posts

Back