Regular polish with stamping kits

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmmaLF

Reaction score
So Im currently on the MoYou website with a ton of plates and stamper in my bag, my question is can you use regular polish with these or does it HAVE to be a 'stamping' polish.
I have a ton of regular polish and don't want to go buying a heap of stamping polish if I can just use what I have.

I had read somewhere on here than Vinylux is quite good to stamp with - I haven't tried it myself yet! Some normal polishes are too thin/runny to stamp with I have found xxx

I use Vinylux for stamping without any problems, but some of the Moyou polishes are good too.

Thanks girls but I dont currently use vinylux, Im wondering if regular polish works, Im asking to see if i can avoid buying more polish (vinylux or stamping polish).

Yes its a case of trial and error but many work. You want a thicker, strongly pigmented polish. I've found foils polishes work well on the whole.

Old polishes that have gone slightly thick will work.
Barry m foil effects stamp brilliantly.
all that jazz polishes stamp really well too. Xx

I use normal nail polishes in stamping quite a lot, don't see point of buying stamping ones when I can use those that i have already:) personally I see Golden Rose Color Rich nail polishes stamping very well:)

I've recently bought a stamping kit and tested out with regular polish and I'm ready to throw the thing in the bin. Doesn't give you a nice pattern at all. It could just be the way I'm applying it lol x

I've used Shellac, Vinylux, Opi and other polishes with my Moyou stamper. I do need to swipe across with a cotton pad and nourishing remover with first use of stamps.
[emoji140]

I also found sticky moyou stamper much better than normal konad one that I had.

Latest posts

Back