Regular polishes to match Shellac shades

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetie44

Reaction score
Since moving to working with cnd shellac and harmony gelish polishes I haven't really touched my regular polish collection. I have a few clients however who are avid fans of the shellac intimates collection specifically satin pyjamas, nude knickers and blush teddy who would like a regular polish to keep their nails going whilst they are on holiday. Unfortunately there seems to be very few natural/nude shades in the cnd vinylux collection. Can anyone recommend a regular polish that might match any of the intimates collection, or perhaps rosebud??

Thanks heaps in advance.x

Check out all that jazz. Their range of polishes are lovely to work with and they have quite a few nude & pink shades xx

Hi 'Sweetie'
I've had this problem a few times and I usually offer these options.

1) Sway them towards some of the paler colours in my collection .eg. Negligee, beau, strawberry smoothie, romantique, lavishly loved.

2) Layer them. They don't have layering properties such as the shellac but you can layer some sheer colours. .eg. Cream puff and grapefruit sparkle.

3) Make your own. It states on the CND F&Q that you CAN mix Vinylux to make a new colour. I have tried it a few times and it does work. It does take a little time to get it right. So might be worth a little practise before your client comes in, and you have to move quite fast, but it works.

4) Keep bugging CND and hopefully if enough of us 'keep on at them' then they might bring some out ;)

Hope this helps. Xx

Latest posts

Back