Relationships with family-in-law?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missty25

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondered how people get on with family in law? Whether it's mum/dad of other halfs or brothers and sisters of other half. Interested in both the positive stories and the negative. X

Ha ha ha. I HATE my father in law, but I'm not alone. Too complicated to go into but lets just say his brain has rotted. Haven't spoken to him for 4 years. My children don't need to be subjected to his evilness.

My mother in law's okay, just lazy. Brother in law is also lazy. I haven't spoken to him for 4.5 years either. His partner is conniving.

Not actual 'in laws' at the moment but me and my boyfriends mom didn't really get on his an only child and such a mommys boy and before we got together he was in a longggg relationship with a girl his mom approved of so I always felt uncomfortable at hers as we was together 2 years an she still had him and his ex around the house in picture frames - but this year completely changed we get on fine the pictures have gone down so i feel like she actually wants me there now haha. His sisters I kind of keep myself to myself but speak when they ask me stuff but I'm shy anyway so I wouldn't exactly jump in there face being really confident lol x

I get on really well with my boyfriends parents. He has two older sisters, one i get on really well with, the other is an absolute nightmare and drives the whole family mad so I tolerate her when I have to lol.
His nan can be a nightmare...don't ask, not your typical lovely little old lady haha. But we do get on and she is lovely deep down.
And his grandad is absolutely lovely, we don't see him very often but he took us away on a cruise and wouldn't accept anything in return lol.
All in all, very lucky with my inlaws!!! Xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Yep, wrong in saying in laws, should of really said your other halfs family. I'm not married so mines are technically in laws.

I'm the black sheep of the family and have been accused of this that and the other and other halfs mum isn't interested in hearing my side of the saga, she's already been judge, jury and executioner lol. You can't please everyone though just a shame when children get dragged into people's sorry state of affairs. X

I get on great with my daughter in law and with all my brothers in law.. I have no partner so no in laws there.

The only beef I have is with my birth hag!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Not in-laws, but partners brother and sister and their spouses. Put it this way, I would like to live far far away from them so that they would only visit once in a blue moon and then we could spend a couple of hours together and then go on our way.

I don't hate them, I just don't have anything in common with them. They are really hard work, because you have to be on your toes not to upset them, you have to think of every word before you speak because they might be offended at something you say or do, but they wont tell you... you have to guess. You will notice that they have gone quiet or that they are exchanging glances if you know what I mean. Bloomin hard work!

I used to do his sisters nails, but she felt that she needed to act like a diva, you've never seen anything like it! So embarrassing in the salon that I have my room. She is now not speaking to me.

Latest posts

Back