Remembering chocolate factory sweets

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bunny said:
Am starting to wonder if we are thinking of the same show! I don't remember any hamsters or crows but I do remember the washing up liquid bottle catterpillar on let's pretend!

O yeah for def!!! Wow I nearly forgot to mention MUMFIE!!! of course most of these programmes have now been replaced by horrible computer graphic animation Grrrrrr :twisted:

have a look at this site if you are after something different..........i bought lots of different sweets from all over the world that you cannot get here and i made them into a hamper for my mums christmas....it was deffo an unusual gift :)

http://www.cybercandy.co.uk/aaasmt/

some of the items are quite expensive but some of the sweets are deffo worth the expense.....lol

stanleyann

I know - it's no wonder kids seem to speak a different language these days. Last night the nightclub I work in had an under 18's night. It's scary to see the stuff they wear & the language they come out with. It's shocking. Anyway, I always wanted one of the cars they had on Choc-o-block.

I am soooooo pleased. A couple of months ago myself and workmates were having this exact conversation and although we are all around the same age not one of them could remember Let's Pretend.

I thought I had imagined the whole thing!

sarah haslam said:
noooooooooooooooooooooo - Noosha, I refused to look at that website until you said you looked- my mouth is literally watering with all those sweets - I'm so hungry now!
lol!! Sorry! But did you see all your favourites?! Sweets that I haven't seen for YEARS were there!:-
Used to get a quarter of something on a saturday, and it was always so hard to choose from all those jars on the shelf!

What was Fairy Satin?

Using about 1/2lb of any hard boiled sweet for example, pear drops, cola cubes,cop cops or pinapple chunks. Bash and smash them up into little tiny pieces(great to do after a hard days work!) then drop them into a bottle ov vodka. With a bit of a shake all the pieces will disolve and create a fabulous flavoured vodka. The flavoured vodka can be drunk as a shot on its own, is refreshing with lemonade. I personally like the pear drop vodka with orange juice. ummmm!

I've had flavoured vodka shots like that mmmm, yummy! I particularly liked kola kubes & mint chocolate. They did strawberries & cream & liquorish too.

OOHHH. I hadn't thought ov making a mint flavoured vodka. That could be fab mixed with a little milk and choc ice cream. ohh the possibilities..........endless and naughty!

Oh you know - those little white and pink balls - quite tangy but gorgeous and they always lasted ages!!

Latest posts

Back