Removal of acrylic on toes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenfleur

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I'm only trained in gelish and one of my clients would like me to apply gelish to her toes, however she has acrylic on them currently. My question is can these be soaked off? I have the gelish remover and just received some d solve, will these products work?

If you're going to attempt the removal yourself (and not get your client to go back to the tech that did them) you need will to firstly find out if the client has a gel top coat over the acrylic (hopefully they'll remember if they put their foot under a lamp) and if so this needs to be filed off first as it doesn't react with acetone.

Next you'd be best to get a bowl and full with warm water. Float a smaller bowl inside of it and fill with acetone / dsolve. Get some cotton pads, soak in the acetone and then apply the pad onto each nail and wrap foil around toe. I normally wait around half an hour and then scrap the acrylic away with a orange stick. You may need to repeat this a few times.

I will not apply L&P to toes now for this very reason! Hope this helps x

Thank you Karen for your response, I was beginning to wonder if anyone would be willing to give me some advice! I will ask her first then if she would be willing to go back for removal, I'm not sure how much is on her toes as I believe she had it done some time ago. If not I will follow your advice. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back